The Journey Has Started

Well, I have made it over 36 hours. This is my second smoke free morning. I woke up this morning, and I again had breakfast instead of having coffee and a cigarette. A few thoughts not much of a craving, but nothing too hard to handle.

• Like 1

Having a positive mental focus is exactly what is going to let you thrive in this quit.... high 5!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can do it, one day at a time.. you already have 1 day of freedom... saaaaaaweeeeeeetttt!!!!!!!!!!

On to day 2, keep climbing, this is totally doable, and you will be glad you quit, I Promise!!

• Like 1

Just over 61 hours! I don't really like measuring in hours, but hey...it's better than minutes.

At lunch, I am going to run to the bank and pull out a $20.00 bill. My quit meter has already said I have not spentt $23.80 on smokes.

Each interval of $20 bucks I go over, I am going to the bank, getting a $20 and throughing it in the safe.

I told the Mrs. Iam that I will pay for a vacation for us in June. We'll take the Goldwing and head up to Souix Falls for the weekend. We've never been and want to see the falls at night. Nothing big....no Vegas or anything, but an easy mark to hit. It's only 60 days, and I've already got 61 hours under my belt.

Iamdoingit, I'm really glad I have met you.  I have my eye on you because I want you to win this time... so look out! lol (kidding you, well, the "look out" part, but I am watching) :P

You can do this and we are gonna help you... you're gonna be a winner... you are already a winner for making the choice to put down the smokes.  You so got this!

Anyway, nice to meet'cha!

welcome8.gif

• Like 1

bakon.....I am sorry, I did not address your question:

What method am I using?

Well, after 35 years plus of sucking 30 or so cigarettes into my lungs to be distributed throughout my body to my other internal organs, destroying my teeth and gums, giving me a cough to hack up some major phlem, and not having the wind to do heavy anything, I put out my last cigarette never to ingest any nicotine ever again.

I went cold turkey with a little help from sunflower seeds, carrots, ice water, and a few other aids, but pretty much put out my last smoke and walked away.

• Like 3

Just over 61 hours! I don't really like measuring in hours, but hey...it's better than minutes.

At lunch, I am going to run to the bank and pull out a $20.00 bill. My quit meter has already said I have not spentt $23.80 on smokes.

Each interval of $20 bucks I go over, I am going to the bank, getting a $20 and throughing it in the safe.

I told the Mrs. Iam that I will pay for a vacation for us in June. We'll take the Goldwing and head up to Souix Falls for the weekend. We've never been and want to see the falls at night. Nothing big....no Vegas or anything, but an easy mark to hit. It's only 60 days, and I've already got 61 hours under my belt.

Your kicking ass and taking names this time!  I see somebody who is driven and won't let anybody or anything get in his way.  I really enjoy reading your updates. 

I'd much rather take a weekend trip to Sioux Falls than Vegas.  :)

You sound like me....(please don't take that wrong) you sound excited and love your quit. You sound confident and you are enjoying it. You already see the positive things right from the start and you can't wait to see more!

You are doing great! 

• Like 2

You sound like me....(please don't take that wrong) you sound excited and love your quit. You sound confident and you are enjoying it. You already see the positive things right from the start and you can't wait to see more!

You are doing great! 

I realize every twinge, every want, every desire, every thing I think I need is brought on by my body HEALING from self inflicted wounds!!!!!

Why in the world would not everybody be excited?

Let's compare ourselves to a soldier in the field. He gets shot and while he is recovering in a hospital, he starts to forget what it felt like to be shot. So, he leaves the comfort of the hospital and goes back out to the battlefield and he gets shot again. He repeats this over and over and over.

Okay, I respect my military breatheren to the UTMOST!!!! I am a former Marine who when through the first Desert Storm. I am NOT making light with what our military personel go through, but it is the exact same cycle. Except, military people are intelligent enough not to get wounded again.

• Like 1