One year for our Comrade!

Devil Doll

Well well well... an entire year and nobody had to die, heh heh.

Thanks to all of us here on the board. I am certain as the day is long that I wouldn't have been able to sustain a quit if not for the time I spent on the board, the Joel videos and articles, and just the general knowlege that I wasn't in this thing alone. I remember those 5 minute increments of hell in the early days where the chat room saved my ass. I remember that time period when I knew the only thing I could call it that made sense was "WTF Week", lol, and wasn't it Colleen that called the first month "Ten Pounds", the second month "Twenty Pounds", etc? And yes, I have to give some credit to the thrill and excitement involved with some of the conflict that came with the genesis of this forum itself, along with a couple of tongue in cheek "thanks, pals" to certain jerks on the other board that pissed me off enough to stay engaged in mortal combat that gave an out to some of the worst urges to smoke. One last hat tip goes to MQ for much that has been said and some that is best left unsaid. In the end I'm deeply grateful for what you've done here - I'm a dead man if I smoke, I probably wouldn't have lasted on the other site, so "thanks" is sorta an understatement. "You Rock" might be a better fit :-D Same for the die hards on here that post and lend encouragement day after day.

Julie and Bandito - you guys are "tribe". Best best best to you in the coming years

Newbies - I was a heavy muliple pack a day smoker for 40 years. Cold Turkey quit. 7 months later the past caught up and I had a heart attack. However, 5 months later I am in better health than I was the day I quit. There is no reason to not start a quit and stay quit 'cuz every day without smoking is a day I'm not waking up saying "How can I screw myself over today?"

Woo Hoo!

• Like 8

You really have no idea how instrumental you were in my quit, do ya?

Especially those early weeks and months......

You felt like a kindered spirit, and your bad-ass-ish-ness always made me smile, made me throw my hands in the air and cheer, and pushed me forward.

Comrade, you'll always be my quit smoking comrade

:)

• Like 2

You really have no idea how instrumental you were in my quit, do ya?

Especially those early weeks and months......

Yeah I do - "tribe" don't come easy. Worked both ways; two way street and all that, y'know.

Thanks, all, for the well wishes. Get a piece of cyber b-day cake before you leave!

• Like 1

Inspiring quit Comrade!!

Not one to join in on the bad vibes but do love a bit of keep it real, you always looked like you had it together two months later when I joined. I really watched and appreciated what you guys had to say.

So thanks from me and massive congrats to you!! Hope you are treated yourself, although being alive is a bit of a big deal... You rock dude.

x