Day four on champix/chantix

Wendy

Sorry Wendy I don't have any Champix info, just popping on to say hi and no doubt Marti & Chrys (sorry if I forgot anyone) will see this before long.

I understand your impatience and I would no doubt be the same. Sure others will see this soon xx

• Like 1

It was a couple of weeks for me when I noticed that I was smoking less and wasn't getting the "high" from it I usually would.  Not too dramatic but still noticeable.

Who knows how chantix affects Monkeys...... :P Your results could be different.

• Like 5

Thanks Nancy, yes I think you've told me the day you quit as have others but I figured you'd probably had a few days where you were noticing the effects prior to the day you actually quit.

That's what I'm looking for - something to tell me the meds are starting to work!  I know I'm impatient!

Remember, you are still just on 1/2 dose...

• Like 2

I quit on what would be day 16...sorry...I know that's not what you want to hear but I want to be honest. I had loads of side effects, none of them cut me down smoking....but I was determined I would "just know" and I did on the eve of day 15, planned the quit the next day (too much planning time is always bad for me, I'm a f it type of planner) and did. 

Dunno if that helps or not really?  I know Bassman said he was around week 3 when he quit

The packet tells you to start and set a quit date between day 8 and 14, I'm guessing that means they expect it take a min of a week to feel some "let's get quittin" about you!

x

• Like 1

I know, it's so frustrating, I remember it well :)  BUT it is doing it's thing, I and a ton of other people have quit using it. It engages the quit alongside your desire to not be a smoker anymore...in tandem I think it's a fabulous drug. Yes I know most people don't want to mess with their own brains but mine, like yours, kept treacling smoking when I didn't want to lol.

All good in the hood sweets but please keep recording. Then when you are superbly successful we can bump to inspire others and say, keepat it :)

• Like 2

I never had any effects from the meds. I never felt any different on the meds and I also never really felt any different about cigarettes. I set my quit date for July 22ish but moved it up  to july 16 on a whim just to see if I could do it because I figured if I would wait until July 22 I'd chicken out and not follow through with my quit. After I quit, I had trouble sleeping and I blamed Chantix but I don't think it was the Chantix causing it. I think it was from quitting in general.

My husband never felt different on the meds either. If I remember correctly, he quit smoking before cigarettes changed for him also.

• Like 1

I didn't feel anything when I started Chantix, either. I started the vivid dreams during the first week and they came more frequently after that. I also had some gas and stomach cramping so I took the pills with food and I was OK. When day 8 came (what was supposed to be my quit date) I didn't feel ready so I kept smoking and kept taking Chantix. What I did do was try to cut down on my smoking. For example, rather than have my cigarettes next to me while I worked (I work from home) I put them in another room so I had to go and sit in that room to smoke. Or I didn't smoke in the car on the way to or from the grocery store. Little things like that.

I noticed that delaying smoking was getting easier and easier. I would sometimes get busy and a whole hour would go by and I hadn't thought of a cigarette, which was a big change for me. Then after about 2 weeks on Chantix I noticed that I would smoke half a cigarette and realize that I wasn't enjoying it and put it out. At the end of 3 weeks I was smoking half what I had been smoking but I had reached a plateau-- I was at about 15 cigarettes a day and staying there. So I decided at the end of 3 weeks on Chantix to just stop smoking completely. That was my "Quit day".

I continued the Chantix for another 2 weeks and by then I felt ready to taper off on the Chantix. I also felt like I had no energy. I couldn't tell if I was a little depressed or if the vivid dreams were disturbing my sleep and making me feel tired during the day. So I gradually reduced the Chantix for another week or 10 days and then stopped. 

• Like 1

Hey action - nothing to report again for day 5 so far - I thought I'd leave it till later before doing a thread on it - just incase lol .... however I'm glad you posted - remember offering to send me pm's to remind me to take the tablets? ... well I forgot yesterday's evening tablet till way after dinner time ... so a few pm's around 6.00 pm would go down a treat!

Hi Wendy. Between 6 and 6.30 is when I give my cat her insulin, so I will PM you just before I do that :)

• Like 2