Day one on Champix/Chantix

Wendy

I used Chantix to help me quit and I'm glad I did. I do suggest that you don't rush the process. They recommend that you set day 8 as your "quit day" but many people keep taking Chantix for 2 or 3 weeks before they feel ready to quit. Check with your doctor to make sure it's OK with him/her. If it is, then listen to your body and do what is best for you.

• Like 3

You're off to a good start Wendy. I used Chantix when I quit too.  Along about the 10th day is when cigarettes became very disgusting to me.

I put one out about half way through and never looked back.  

I feel the Chantix was a big help, especially the first few weeks.

Then I relied on my determination to never smoke again. I spent a lot of time here reading and also read Alan Carr's book, again :)

Keep Noping. You can do it :)  

• Like 2

Hi Chrys, when I said I'll put the cigs down in a few days I didn't specifically mean a few or three - I was generalising as I don't want to put a specific date on it yet.  My stop smoking adviser said to quit anytime between day 8 and day 14 - if I smoke after that I'll probably throw up - nice!  But yeah, she said it was up to how I felt. But thanks for the info - it's good to have other people who've quit using champix/chantix around to advise.  In fact I have a question for my day 2 post!

Wendy, I did the same when I used Zyban.. No date. I even went up to the 14 days and felt no different. So told my nurse, at The Quit Smoking Clinic, and she said not to worry and just keep taking the tabs. I did and about 4 days later (it was. Thursday) I woke up and genuinely felt no desire for a cig whatsoever,would have thrown up.

As you know I cocked up by testing myself weeks later! But the point is I understand you not setting a date, pressure free.