Is this possible

Evelyn

yes its normal evelyn as your body and brain is trying to find its normal after all those chemicals and nicotine is depleated, hard to put a time limit on it as everyone is different and have different personal circumstances too

i think the best approach is to see it as your body healing and that it will get better and balance out eventually, I drank lots of green tea and water to help flush out the toxins and lots of walks

you are doing great evelyn and every day your body is thanking you even if you might feel a little out of whack for a while x

• Like 1

Yes, it's normal. Early in my quit I even had some panic attacks where I felt like I couldn't breathe. Scary! But eventually that all went away. When I am feeling anxious, I find it very helpful to do 4/4/4 breathing for a couple of minutes-- breathe in to the count of 4, hold it to the count of 4, breathe out to the count of 4. Repeat as often as necessary.

• Like 1

Hi Evelyn... controlled breathing as mentioned above worked for me too with anxiety

I also close my eyes in order to picture an object or nice place in my head to divert thoughts

I am glad you asked about anxiety because you are not alone... so many of us experience this and it does eventually get better

Hang in there... you are doing wonderfully well :)

• Like 1

Is it normal to have an extra amount of anxiety after quiting smoking and NRT?

Not that I'm gonna light one just curious and how long does it take to go away?

It is normal.

It goes away when you decide it goes away.

It is fully under your control.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

It's normal Evelyn and keeping very busy, getting a sweat on, speeds up it not becoming the new normal.

I tell you something else that helped me no end, just changed everything... I get up and write down everything I want to achieve that day. I keep it realistic and plan plenty of things. Crossing off each task as it's done kills two birds with one stone as it keeps me on track and keeps me completely focused.. And happy hormones flood my body when I cross off a job done. Can't recommend it enough :)

• Like 1

It's normal Evelyn and keeping very busy, getting a sweat on, speeds up it not becoming the new normal.

I tell you something else that helped me no end, just changed everything... I get up and write down everything I want to achieve that day. I keep it realistic and plan plenty of things. Crossing off each task as it's done kills two birds with one stone as it keeps me on track and keeps me completely focused.. And happy hormones flood my body when I cross off a job done. Can't recommend it enough :)

Thanks, Sharon. That's great advice for anyone-- whether they are quitting smoking or not! 

• Like 1

I noticed that since I'm back on coffee I am scared more, while I quit smoking so I am going back to decaf. It makes both things stronger, more alert but also more scared and having panic attacks