I'm at my lowest

laura

Hi, I remember my first seven weeks I felt like I was missing a body part! I just didn't know what to do with myself during the times I used to smoke. This feeling faded within the first month....i was soooo hyper when I first quit.

Hi Beacon - in my past quits i have slept a lot to try pass the withdrawal symptoms, today I think was my hardest day but I think it was more to do with I hate housework lol but I am keeping busy. Gonna start exercising tomorrow so I don't put on weight as I do tend to eat a lot when I quit. Plus it helps with my mood. I think it's strange how we feel a loss but I guess this addiction has had such a hold on all of us that it's time to let go of these demon's in our heads.

Quit buddies can be make or break and congrats Laura and oneistoo. Try to keep in touch and message each other, even if it's just to say you alright? My quit buddy finds promoting the idea of physical violence or name calling perfectly acceptable lol, become friends and you'll find if you struggle for you...you might hold on for them if that makes sense.

Pleased you're good Laura. Been in my thoughts. xx

Feeling proud right now, went to college tonight and last week at break I hung out with the smokers as then I was, but tonight I decided I am not even going to the vending machine so I stayed in class with all the non smokers.

Yep u heard it right I'm a non smoker go me :-)

• Like 1

Feeling proud right now, went to college tonight and last week at break I hung out with the smokers as then I was, but tonight I decided I am not even going to the vending machine so I stayed in class with all the non smokers.

Yep u heard it right I'm a non smoker go me :-)

Good going, Laura! 

I don't know any smokers around me (in the end, I was a closet smoker), but if I were you I'd stay clear of smokers until I felt totally, totally strong in my quit. I can easily see a weak moment, an ask to borrow a cigarette, then buying cigarettes on my way home after school, then smoking for a few days "before I quit again", then having to do it all over again! Definitely stay close to the non-smokers.... :)

Good going, Laura!

I don't know any smokers around me (in the end, I was a closet smoker), but if I were you I'd stay clear of smokers until I felt totally, totally strong in my quit. I can easily see a weak moment, an ask to borrow a cigarette, then buying cigarettes on my way home after school, then smoking for a few days "before I quit again", then having to do it all over again! Definitely stay close to the non-smokers.... :)

Yes your right O, although I have two smokers in my house although I don't do smoking in my house they smoke in the garden so I am at risk if I allow myself to be, but they come in and I hate the smell of stale tobacco so that puts me off which is all good.

funny enough all my friends don't smoke only a few at college which aren't really people who I hang with other than at college anyway.

I have learnt a lot from my previous failed attempts but I never really relapsed because of people smoking around me it's been when I got drunk or just my own memories of smoking and last relapse was holiday.

I feel good at the moment but will always be vigilant :-)

• Like 1

So I'm heading out tonight not drinking, not smoking I'm gonna drive instead but it's far to cold to go outside I will leave that to the smokers it's going to snow tonight so I'm looking forward to getting home if it wasn't for my sister's birthday drinks I wouldn't even go out this is madness. :-)

• Like 2

So I'm heading out tonight not drinking, not smoking I'm gonna drive instead but it's far to cold to go outside I will leave that to the smokers it's going to snow tonight so I'm looking forward to getting home if it wasn't for my sister's birthday drinks I wouldn't even go out this is madness. :-)

I hope you have a good night, celebrating your sisters birthday. Drive carefully and like you say leave going out in the cold to the smokers... Brrrrrrr

No snow forecast my end (Essex) hope that you don't get too much your end.

I found it very strange going out this evening, I actually felt like drinking, but then thought is it just an excuse to smoke or rather use it as an excuse :-( I'm so happy I didn't drink or smoke of course but can't wait to get pass these little obstacles of junky thinking.

• Like 3

I found it very strange going out this evening, I actually felt like drinking, but then thought is it just an excuse to smoke or rather use it as an excuse :-( I'm so happy I didn't drink or smoke of course but can't wait to get pass these little obstacles of junky thinking.

Good going, Laura! :)

Keep facing it dowm by looking it in the eye and saying NOPE and it loses power, your junkie begins to snooze more often.  I'm only 10 months ahead of you, not even a year which is a small amount of time in general terms and I promise, smoking doesn't enter my head when I go out, even drinking ..because I went out early doors and asked people to make sure I didn't in case I was dumb enough to try it on :) Just keep doing today and tomorrow can be dealt with when you get there. xx  

Good going Laura, you made a good choice. Next time you will remember this time no doubt, you only have to do it a few times and it really does become less of an issue.. No snow my end, not a flake, hopefully the same for you.

Hope your sister had a lovely birthday evening xx

• Like 2

Keep facing it dowm by looking it in the eye and saying NOPE and it loses power, your junkie begins to snooze more often. I'm only 10 months ahead of you, not even a year which is a small amount of time in general terms and I promise, smoking doesn't enter my head when I go out, even drinking ..because I went out early doors and asked people to make sure I didn't in case I was dumb enough to try it on :) Just keep doing today and tomorrow can be dealt with when you get there. xx