I screwed up ... again ...

Wendy

I have an appointment at a stop smoking clinic on Friday and will be asking about champix/chantix, which is the only thing I haven't yet tried.  

Hmmm .. it seems to me that the only thing that you haven't tried is to NOT SMOKE.

When you are ready to commit to the decision to never smoke again, no matter what happens, you will succeed.

I don't envy where you are right now, but there is a way out if you choose to follow the NOPE path.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be difficult but how do I make myself accountable to people on the internet, most of em in a different country??

Wendy.....don't be looking for excuses.....

There is always someone here....day or night......

Everyone here...would be willing to talk things over with you....

I can think of at least 4 non smoking peeps this side of the pond....

Come lunch time....we have folks join us from other parts.....

Even the grass can be too green if you look for reasons to not quit....

Most days while I do my care bit....I'm on here...even if it's just to play I spy....

If this old girl who smoked nearly her entire life can do it....then I know you can.....

It comes down to one question....

Do I want to quit....if you do...brilliant....let's get the job done.....

Hugs xxxx

Oh you self-sufficient, not good at asking for support people....

What is a man in a skirt to do?

"I'm not trying to be difficult but how do I make myself accountable to people on the internet, most of em in a different country??"

Yes you are.

You might be a wrestler from Somalia as far as I know.

If we ask Colleen nicely, she might do a poll asking members here whether they had ever thought about smoking but also thought -  "I would hate to post on QT that I had relapsed". 

I know that it has helped me.

Ultimately, you are right Wendy. Only you can quit. Posting here, laughing on here etc has helped me and others quit and stay quit. it can help you too.

Of course your right in want you say.....anyone of us could be sitting here smoking and saying nothing....but....

What would be the point....

We are all here because we don't want to smoke any more....

I came here Wendy.....because I was in serious trouble and needed to quit and stay quit....

It's the support from folks here...knowing they were rooting for me and actually cared whether I had my feet or not....

That keeps me on track....

This is why I always say....stay close to the board....I do feel the more you get involved here....the more chance you have....

We want you to suceed.....

• Like 1

I'm not trying to be difficult but how do I make myself accountable to people on the internet, most of em in a different country??  

I understand your point... it is kind of weird that there are a bunch of "misfit" toys here and we are all tying to quit or help quit.  But it works.  I held myself accountable to this board (or at that time it was an "the other").  I had soooo many folks trying to help me...I did not want to let them down.  They put alot of energy into me...and they did not even know me.  That meant alot to me.  I also had a quit buddy... her name was SueRose.  We PM'd when we were struggling and we shared our hard times...as well as the good times.  We both chewed nico gum to quit and we both quit the nico gum at the same time.  I did not want to let her down as well.  It meant something to me...ya know.  They cared...so.. .I cared.  

• Like 1

That's another area the clinic comes in - I'm pretty sure I have to go once a week and do a CO2 reading ...

you're right Wendy, you do have to take the CO2 reading. That helped me at the time, it really did. I only cocked up as I tested myself, smoked, and was too ashamed to go back. I am looking forward to hearing how it goes on Friday... Won't be long now.

That's half the problem - the last 12 months has just been fail, fail, fail ... so now, in my head, I've failed before I've even begun again ... that's why I need a different approach with the clinic and the meds - neither of which I've done before ... 

Thanks again all ... and no, I wont quit quitting 

Soon you will get tired of quitting like I did and quit for good!

• Like 1

Not a lot to report - I got the meds and I start them tomorrow. My co2 reading was 20 - apparently its supposed to be 5 ... basically I'm not getting enough oxygen which would explain why I feel shite ... duh!

So yeah wait and see now ...

A little start is still a start.