I screwed up ... again ...

Wendy

Aww Wendy... and no SOS :(

Still, I've seen this before - when people relapse, and they really struggle to get motivated to quit again.  But the good news is, that they DO find the motivation again, even if they don't see it right away.  Maybe this clinic on Friday will be the key?  I hope so.

I am here for you Wendy - please stay with us, and don't give up just yet, we believe in you!

• Like 3

Oh treacle!

Really sorry to hear that Wendy. Listen, this 30 year smoker is not going to throw stones at you, or give you a hard time. I am guessing that you are doing that to yourself.

We are addicts. We spend years and years training ourselves to believe that we NEED to smoke - its natural that it can be difficult to shift that thought pattern. 

But we can.

You can.

Don't be disheartened Wendy - you can absolutely do this, and I'll be here to help in any way that I can.

• Like 3

Oh Wendy, am really sorry to hear this :(  You are not pathetic, it's an addiction.  You want this or you wouldn't have posted.  Some of us have needed a little boost, there is nothing wrong with that.  Come talk to us after your appointment.  I'm really glad you aren't giving up on quitting :)

7325c6c03fd81dd2f317abc8303f6c46.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry to hear this, Wendy.  Chantix will take the edge off, but you still have to make up your mind that you will not smoke under any circumstances.  I hate that by the time it takes the Chantix to work, you will have been smoking for two weeks...but, as you say, it is what it is.  Just don't give up...

• Like 4

Hi Wendy... No lecture from me either.

So your being pro active and have booked an appointment with the NHS quit smoking support..that's good. Wendy I did this, years ago, and got a prescription for Chantix. It made a lot of difference and the withdrawals where almost zero. So talk it through as it could be just what you need to give you the confidence you need.

I screwed up Wendy and smoked one 4 or 5 weeks in...just to prove I was so over it. Do not do that! Whatever you do as it took me another 12 years or so to get to finally being free and happy to be free.

I look forward to you reporting back on Friday with info on your consultation. Believe that you can be free Wendy...because you honestly can xx

• Like 2

That's a bugger. I'd love to bring it with a lecture. However I was quitting from july 12 to march 13 - you know what, each fail taught me something new! 

Please make sure you are taking mental notes for where the triggers occur that send you over the proverbial cliff Wendy. It's all ammunition and you need the arsenal to quit.

Champix, I'm a convert...total wonder drug as far as I'm concerned. Side effects can be a bit tough, smoking's tougher, stick with it. 

Now - why no SOS??  Honestly, genuine, no grief, but a question...why not? Can I maybe PM my number, if you can't do the sos thing maybe you can text or phone??

Loves and gentle hugs. xx

• Like 4

So sorry to read this my little tiny monkey friend.  I used chantix and it helped lots.  It took the edge off just enough to get my quit rolling.  Just don't expect it to be a magic bullet because at the end of the day, you have to want to quit more than you want to smoke.  No matter what.   Even taking chantix I thought I might die it was so awful at first, but then it gets better.  So when you start again try to hold on until the gets better part.  That's were you want to be.  

It's a really good idea to try something different when what you've done isn't working and I am so very glad that you are not giving up on quitting.  XX

• Like 3

That's half the problem - the last 12 months has just been fail, fail, fail ... so now, in my head, I've failed before I've even begun again ... that's why I need a different approach with the clinic and the meds - neither of which I've done before ... 

Thanks again all ... and no, I wont quit quitting

Wendy....keep reading also....all you can....educate yourself....read about the tobacco company,s too...

What keeps us addicted and why....never stop trying to find the thing that just gels to you...and helps you keep that quit...

Don't end up like Tony's and I......smoke until it has seriously effected your health....

I will gladly be your huckleberry.....

You won't fail.....

• Like 1

Right o Luv.

Support o'phobes like you - are special (in so many ways ;) )

Lets change a few things - 

1. Going to go down the meds route. Not my bag - but if it feels right, go for it. I care only for the destination in this journey.

2. SOS - maybe something you can't quite bring yourself to do - OK - Send a PM to a person or persons of your choice. 2,3,4 or even more. People that you feel you can trust. COMMIT to those people that you WILL ask for help and support when you need it. That thread becomes your own private mini-support team / vent thread. Do it Wendy. Do something different. You can make this work treacle.

• Like 2

Treacle - something sweet and yummy.

Everyone here is here of their own free will - (except Bakon who can't escape). Some are here to quit, some to help others quit and some to do both. You are not going to be a burden.

Read DDs signature - There is no 'Try'. Do. Or do not. Yoda, I think.

Make yourself accountable, to a small group, to the whole group but to someone.

Chrispy knows of what he speaks - there needs to be accountability.

• Like 1