The Stalker

sharonsiff

I am watching the latest episode of the Stalker "Secrets and Lies"

I had to turn away a few times... very scary and seriously creepy I am glad that I am watching this during the day and not at night.

We watch it at night.. Phew, we do jump a few times...lol I think you are ahead of me now as I don't recognise the title. Still loving this show, very much.

Mind you I don't watch it when I'm on my own and Lee's on a night shift.. No I stick to comedy then ;)

I was thinking of you today, and out shows chat, and you know something that I think will appeal to your sense of humour? A show called Phoenix Nights... So very wrong, but again right ;) written and stars a comedian from Bolton.. My hometown, Peter Kay. I honestly think this will make you laugh.

We watch it at night.. Phew, we do jump a few times...lol I think you are ahead of me now as I don't recognise the title. Still loving this show, very much.

Mind you I don't watch it when I'm on my own and Lee's on a night shift.. No I stick to comedy then ;)

I was thinking of you today, and out shows chat, and you know something that I think will appeal to your sense of humour? A show called Phoenix Nights... So very wrong, but again right ;) written and stars a comedian from Bolton.. My hometown, Peter Kay. I honestly think this will make you laugh.

I am going to look into this! 

I watched it because there was nothing on this morning. This one is one to watch with a partner present! Also, American Horror Story... ohhh boy!

• Like 1

I will make sure Lee is definitely home! ... Lol ...

Our Lucy has jumped in, via Netflix, and has spent the last 3 evenings watching AHS season 2... She loved it!

Our Megan will not touch it with a barge pole Jen ;) she nearly had a heart attack a couple of times watching The Stalker.. She feels anything with the word horror in it is a step too far.. Creased up Jen, I literally creased up.

I tell you what was a step too far for me when I was pregnant The Blair Witch Project. Now I grew up on Freddie Kruger, Poltergeist so am quite able to tolerate horror, gives me a thrill if I'm honest. But that really affected me, must have been my hormones from the pregnancy? I was ok that night (Lee was home) but for a good few nights after I honestly felt like someone was watching me... Sounds so silly now, I know. I cried a few times as I was sending myself silly with it. I avoided any more horror films through the rest of the pregnancy...lol

Has a film ever affected you?

I will make sure Lee is definitely home! ... Lol ...

Our Lucy has jumped in, via Netflix, and has spent the last 3 evenings watching AHS season 2... She loved it!

Our Megan will not touch it with a barge pole Jen ;) she nearly had a heart attack a couple of times watching The Stalker.. She feels anything with the word horror in it is a step too far.. Creased up Jen, I literally creased up.

I tell you what was a step too far for me when I was pregnant The Blair Witch Project. Now I grew up on Freddie Kruger, Poltergeist so am quite able to tolerate horror, gives me a thrill if I'm honest. But that really affected me, must have been my hormones from the pregnancy? I was ok that night (Lee was home) but for a good few nights after I honestly felt like someone was watching me... Sounds so silly now, I know. I cried a few times as I was sending myself silly with it. I avoided any more horror films through the rest of the pregnancy...lol

Has a film ever affected you?

I also have a high tolerance for scary. I love scary movies and thrillers but yes there are a few films that have gotten to me in a horrible way. One of them I still can't watch.

Ok so Jeepers Creepers is the one that I can't watch. The movie as a whole wasn't too scary but the  driving down a desolate highway and coming across a crazy driver... we travel a lot via car and always down country roads that seem haunted. The last scene of that movie just does something to me where I can't sleep. The main character screaming while the 40's version of the song is playing and then you just see his empty hide... no. no. no. 

The second one that haunted me was Insidious... and that is because I watched it alone while Mike was on deployment. I don't know what I was thinking. The outcome was two weeks of me sleeping in the livingroom with the lights on because I didn't want to be in a dark room alone. Tiptoe through the Tulips my behind. So crazy! 

I get what you mean about Blair Witch because it is what you DON'T see that is getting to you. 

Don't let your Megan near the episode that I mentioned of the Stalker because in the beginning scenes I almost shut it off. Heck no! 

• Like 1

I also have a high tolerance for scary. I love scary movies and thrillers but yes there are a few films that have gotten to me in a horrible way. One of them I still can't watch.

Ok so Jeepers Creepers is the one that I can't watch. The movie as a whole wasn't too scary but the  driving down a desolate highway and coming across a crazy driver... we travel a lot via car and always down country roads that seem haunted. The last scene of that movie just does something to me where I can't sleep. The main character screaming while the 40's version of the song is playing and then you just see his empty hide... no. no. no. 

The second one that haunted me was Insidious... and that is because I watched it alone while Mike was on deployment. I don't know what I was thinking. The outcome was two weeks of me sleeping in the livingroom with the lights on because I didn't want to be in a dark room alone. Tiptoe through the Tulips my behind. So crazy! 

I get what you mean about Blair Witch because it is what you DON'T see that is getting to you. 

Don't let your Megan near the episode that I mentioned of the Stalker because in the beginning scenes I almost shut it off. Heck no!

Oh I did giggle when I read this, not because I think it's funny that it effected you, but because I knew exactly the scene you were going to mention before I read it. You know even the way the music played totally bothered me too! That was classic omg, shivers down your spine stuff.

Like you I slept with the light on when my fear got silly. It made it worse for me, in a way, as I knew the light was only on because I'd lost all sense of logic and reason... But just couldn't access any flipping logic and reason, that ship had sailed... Lol

I don't watch anything like that now when on my own as I don't trust my mind not to play me up. I remember, once reading, that any thoughts after 10pm are just coming from the limbic and to take no notice, or not to make important decisions during that time onwards. Even though I know this, and am able to access this knowledge when I lie in bed and my mind starts racing, and I can now shut down the thoughts, I certainly don't put it to the test when it comes to horror movies!... Am not that brave anymore Jen.. Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...