Tomorrow is the big day!

So happy for you bring on tommorow, you will not regret it ever, we are all here for you and for you too Amy, please post as often as you want, no more dipping your toes in the water, Jump right in!! 

• Like 2

Your mind is made up...it's sounds like you are ready!

Enjoy this board and open up! Don’t just be passive and read, become an active member of this board. Get to know the people and let them know you! After all we all have something in common! That’s why we are here. I am looking forward to your posts. You are not alone!

I smoked for 35 years and quit 7 weeks ago....if I can do...so can you! It is a bit of a roller coaster....so fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride 

coaster.gif

• Like 3

Hi Nancy,

No she does not smoke- she posted the site for me and her 2 grown children.  I will get on my nephews once after I quit.

I can't believe how emotional I am right now- it seems incredible all these people here to help me - I have not had this before.

Isn't it great to have all these people cheering you on and supporting you.  I felt a little overwhelmed in the beginning too, but you will be the one doing the welcoming to other newbies in no time.  Trust me, it feels GREAT ;)

congratulations Ladybug :)  I am already addicted to the site but I am at work so it is kind of hard trying to sneak it in

will do my best

I am at work right now... this site is constantly open on my brower and phone... unless the boss is watching lol

• Like 3

The strange thing is you start and you don't smoke. Then the day carries on and you count the hours, and you aren't smoking. You surprise yourself, and if you are lucky...everyone around you, but it's just done. You are already a non smoker. I am excited for you!! I am sick of people saying it's daunting and "too hard" because it really isn't, just believe in yourself and take it a step at a time. x

• Like 3

haha, stopping one smoker at a time ;)  But seriously Amy and I am doing this, are we nrt, luke warm turkey, real cold turkey, wishing on a star...?

Just a cotton-picking minute...

What's this Wishing on a Star method? Nobody told me about that one! Dang it!

So - Iamdoingit - (thats really difficult to write) is a CT man. How about Amy?

Iamdoingit (still difficult to write) - Im a CT man too. As Marti has suggested - some juice to help manage the blood sugar impacts is a good plan. Doing something different in the morning is a good plan too.

And by all means start posting!

You both sound SO ready....fantastic!

• Like 4

Hi Nancy,

No she does not smoke- she posted the site for me and her 2 grown children.  I will get on my nephews once after I quit.

I can't believe how emotional I am right now- it seems incredible all these people here to help me - I have not had this before.

Amy - 

When you feel like shouting - you shout at us.

When you feel like crap - you shout at us.

When you want a hug - you ask us. You shall receive.

When you want your ass kicked - you ask us. You shall receive.

When you need an 'atta girl' - you ask us. You shall receive.

We have been exactly where you are right now. We know how it feels.

If you feel you want to reach for a cigarette....thats okay. But there is one rule. First - you post an SOS. BEFORE you reach for a cigarette. Then you read with us and post with us. Together, we beat the crave off.

Some post 'mini-SOS' some post lots of SOS, some post none. Post in the SOS forum - so that we get alerted to what is going on.

It's all the same to me - AS LONG AS YOU DONT SMOKE!

We got you Amy. 

You are going to quit - we will be here to help you where we can.

One tip...

Beware fat men in skirts :P

• Like 5

Amy - 

When you feel like shouting - you shout at us.

When you feel like crap - you shout at us.

When you want a hug - you ask us. You shall receive.

When you want your ass kicked - you ask us. You shall receive.

When you need an 'atta girl' - you ask us. You shall receive.

We have been exactly where you are right now. We know how it feels.

If you feel you want to reach for a cigarette....thats okay. But there is one rule. First - you post an SOS. BEFORE you reach for a cigarette. Then you read with us and post with us. Together, we beat the crave off.

Some post 'mini-SOS' some post lots of SOS, some post none. Post in the SOS forum - so that we get alerted to what is going on.

It's all the same to me - AS LONG AS YOU DONT SMOKE!

We got you Amy. 

You are going to quit - we will be here to help you where we can.

One tip...

Beware fat men in skirts :P

Well said!! 

• Like 1

How are the two of you doing ......post as soon as you can.....to let us know you are ok......

Take it steady........one minute at a time if you have too....

Don't over think anything......

Stay with the board as often as you can....when I first quit I was with these good folks near 24hours a day.....

This board works.......

You can do it

• Like 1

So Amy and Iam - not sure what time it is in your world - but it is "tomorrow" - here - so thought I would check how you are doing ??

I guess your in an earlier time zone- anyway I guess managing- not going cold turkey though just popped some Nicorette gum

which is way better than smoking

• Like 1