Tomorrow is the big day!

Well, tomorrow will finally come for me! I have committed to 4/9/2014. (I hope Amy is still around and still committed.)

As with most smokers, I am a little apprehensive, a little excited, a little scared, somewhat frighten, a touch thrilled.

My past quits failed because I didn't stay in the boards and write my thoughts and feelings down.

I'm warning you guys, you may get a LOT of posts coming from me in the next several days.

I know how smoking works, and I know how quitting works. What could be simpler than NOT doing something?

Bear with me, please!

• Like 7

I'm warning you guys, you may get a LOT of posts coming from me in the next several days.

Don't Sing It Bring It  :) There's a lot of good ears (eyes) around here.  ;)

• Like 1

What a great post.  I love that you are excited :d

You certainly sound ready, but someone will be here 24 hours a day if you need them.  A bunch of us will get alerts if an SOS is posted, so don't be afraid to post one if needed.

I hope Amy is around too, it will be great to do this together - it really will help.  And then you can officialy joing the Spring Quitters too :)

• Like 2

You can do it!  I am happy I have someone to chat with who picked my date the first few days are always a challenge

I am here and I am doing it as well- a little apprehensive but there will be no butts.  NOPE I have to live by this my lungs are a mess

This will work I am so happy I found this site- (actually my sister posted it to me on Facebook) it was perfect timing.

• Like 6

You can do it!  I am happy I have someone to chat with who picked my date the first few days are always a challenge

I am here and I am doing it as well- a little apprehensive but there will be no butts.  NOPE I have to live by this my lungs are a mess

This will work I am so happy I found this site- (actually my sister posted it to me on Facebook) it was perfect timing.

This makes me so happy :)

• Like 1

Hey Amy - Great to see you and God Bless Facebook!

Same drill. We are all here for you - Brits and Aussies with funny accents and then back to the US - We never close!

Start smiling. Put out that final cigarette - and you are a non-smoker....

As for the rest...keep posting!

• Like 1

I will be keeping up the brit timeline, I am totally on your team! Post every minute if you need to guys, I once posted for about 4 hours straight lol, the guys backed me. I love that you have quit buddies, I love that your excited. Mindset is so important as is a support network. Ready and waiting for tomorrow guys! x

• Like 1

Amy and Iam,

Tomorrow will be the best day. That's the day you decided to save your own life. How cool is that ??? You can't beat that with a stick, now can ya ?

Drink lots of water, eat a banana, post often and remember, this too shall pass.

And if you REALLY feel like smoking, blow some SNOT into your brain.

Smoking

Not

Option

Today.

Y'all can do it !!!!

• Like 3

Do we know your sister?  I mean, has she been on the board?

• Like 2

My plan is to smoke my last cigarette tonight before bed. If there are cigarettes left (I seriously doubt there will be), they will be destroyed.

Tomorrow will be completely smoke free. There will be no cigarettes around.

Instead of getting up and grabbing a cup of coffee and heading to the garage to smoke. I plan on getting up and eating breakfast. I'm still not sure about the coffee. I may have water instead, but I do know I need to cut my coffee down.

Half the battle is just making the commitment. I owe Amy for finally letting myself commit and write it down. There's no going back.

On edit:

I never did say the method. Cold Turkey. I don't like medicines. I'm not going to vape, it just keeps the nicotine around. I'm just walking away from the little tubes stuffed with dried insecticide, and I'm never looking back.

I am a nicotine addict. I have been for years, and I will be for the rest of my life. The only way over an addiction is to NEVER, EVER, EVER have another dose.

• Like 9

hey turkey friend, have you got fruit juice in the house? If not, grab some on your travels tomoz, you will need a swig of it or a quarter of a glass every 2-3 hours. This will keep the fatigue at bay. Cold turkey is my preffered method. Believe!! My genuine surprise was it was do-able, you got this, you sounds super ready! xx

• Like 2

Hi Nancy,

No she does not smoke- she posted the site for me and her 2 grown children.  I will get on my nephews once after I quit.

I can't believe how emotional I am right now- it seems incredible all these people here to help me - I have not had this before.

• Like 6

We'll be here, every step of the way.  There isn't anything that either of you are going to feel that somebody here hasn't felt.  You become an non-smoker when you put out that last cigarette.

Smoking does nothing for you. You're not giving anything up by quitting.  We'll be waiting for your updates tomorrow...:)

• Like 3