My twin, Mary, has breast cancer...

Nancy

Just learned this over the holidays.  It seems that her journey will be identical to Mrs. Bakon's...chemo, losing hair, lumpectomy, and radiation.  The difference is that she is still a full time smoker....asking for prayers of healing and comfort.

Also asking for prayers for my Mom (90) and Dad (96) who are making themselves sick with worry...thank you.

• Like 2

Oh, Nancy! I'm so sorry that your sister has this frightening diagnosis! I hope and pray that they caught it early and that she will be completely cured of this disease. More and more people are being cured every day, so there is good reason to be optimistic. 

I will also pray for you and your parents. These are tough times but thankfully, you all have each other. Hugs to you. (((Nancy!!))) 

• Like 1

I'm so very sorry my lovely Nancy. It goes without saying I will add your sister to my healing circle and raise my prayers for your family. Wish I was closer so I could come over and give you a big hug. Please know I'm available for venting anytime and I really mean that. 

The other side is modern medicine really is a most wonderful thing. The options now, although harsh, allow every opportunity for recovery.

xx

• Like 1

Sorry. If you need something let me know. Do you know what type? Positve or Negative? Stages are not an accurate judge of the sickness to us regular folk, more of "has it spread and how big is lump" are more important. Also if she found it, yearly check up did or if she hasn't been to check up in years and "accidentally found out" when something else was being checked or pain developed.

I would expect chemo to make her quit smoking.

Sorry. If you need something let me know. Do you know what type? Positve or Negative? Stages are not an accurate judge of the sickness to us regular folk, more of "has it spread and how big is lump" are more important. Also if she found it, yearly check up did or if she hasn't been to check up in years and "accidentally found out" when something else was being checked or pain developed.

I would expect chemo to make her quit smoking.

I don't know the answers to any of those questions, except that she found it in self exam...

• Like 1