Got a cig in my hand

jess

Devil Doll found your "pre-respond to your own SOS" post. You should read it-- it's really good. Here is my favorite line, "You have your children and two beautiful grand dtrs who love and need you. Remember saying you dont ever want those babies to know you as a smoker! Keep that thought going." Remember that?

If you're really struggling with keeping your quit, go back on Chantix for a while. I have done that. I find that taking a Chantix really seems to help on those "crazy days". I don't know if the drug really makes the difference or if it's just a placebo effect. But when I feel I'm on the verge of going to buy cigarettes I take a Chantix and wait 20 minutes for it to work. So far, I have not actually smoked. 

Even if you did smoke that cigarette you were holding (and I hope that you didn't) do not smoke a SECOND cigarette!! Read your own pre-response. Come here and talk to us. Take a Chantix. Do everything you can to Keep Your Quit!! Don't throw it all away!

• Like 1

JESS No No No!  You've worked too hard to give it up now.  Nothing is worth that.  Please dunk that cig in some water and take some deep breaths.   Smoking has never helped you and it won't help you now.  It's not your friend.  Stick it out and you'll be so glad you did.  xx

• Like 1

OK, Jess. It's officially Christmas Day in my time zone. That means you have less than one hour until Christmas where you are. What gift are you going to give yourself this Christmas? The gift of clean lungs and enough energy to keep up with your grandchildren? Or the gift of renewed addiction to a stinky, expensive, toxic chemical. Yeah. Merry Christmas, Marlboro Man. Yuck!!! 

So, just like Ebeneezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol, if you continue as you did in the past, you are NOT going to like what your future holds. But happily, you still have time to change it! When Christmas Day dawns, it will be a day when you do NOT smoke and it will be the first day of a happier future for you. Like Scrooge, throw open your shutters and tell the urchin in the lane to bring the biggest goose in the shop to the Cratchett family. Life is wonderful! 

• Like 3

Hey Jess... So smoking right now would officially be the dumbest Christmas present you could ever give yourself...

Please, post and tell us that everything is OK... You are stronger than any stupid cigarette.

• Like 1

Good morning jess

Merry Christmas the best present you can give yourself right now is to drown that cig and take back control

You have to get nasty right at this minute and shout at it as its the enemy jump up and down on it shouting NOPE

NOPE jess or you will back at square one! You do not want that

You can do it jess think or your health and all that money you saved

You can get through this stage, you do not have to smoke that scrappy cancer stick!! this will pass

Xxxx

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late....jess how you doing...the friends who were helping need to know you are still with us...

Where did you get the cig?

I hope you keep your beautiful quit....if you don't...

When Xmas is over and the hype died down ...you will be sorry and want to quit again.....

I spent 50years ..doing just that......your smarter than me.....I know you are....