I am here and I am also confused.....

rowlyd

I logged onto the other site today after being off for a few weeks and mentioned (literally mentioned) another site from a mail I got and the response made me never want to go back there! Not happy at all!!! I also mentioned how much I am battling to stay nicotine free..... Are there people here that will help me keep my quit or are you just going to bring up sh1t thats been going on thats has nothing to do with me?

• Like 6

no rowly we wont do that here, thats why we are here to concentrate on people and their quit 

you say you have been battling could you explain more to us please

you are very welcome to this board :)

• Like 2

I logged onto the other site today after being off for a few weeks and mentioned (literally mentioned) another site from a mail I got and the response made me never want to go back there! Not happy at all!!! I also mentioned how much I am battling to stay nicotine free..... Are there people here that will help me keep my quit or are you just going to bring up sh1t thats been going on thats has nothing to do with me?

Rowly,

We are here to support each other in our quits.  Everyone should feel comfortable here.  Bringing up past ills would be counter productive.  Why don't you start a thread and tell us whats happening with your quit?

Seems surprising as most people are generally pretty decent. However, the bottom line is don't smoke, we've all (well most of us) suffered withdrawal and appreciate it's not as much fun as farting and blaming the dog.

Don't smoke, there's talk around those scientist people that it's not very good for you.

Also... If you want proof it's not cool, you've been quit for long enough to do this. Watch someone smoke and tell me there's pleasure involved. And it's not just relief. We all think we loved it, but then if you were being repeatedly slapped around the face and then you got a break from that for 5 minutes, that's pleasure right? Or is it relief from torture?

Anyhoo... I'm probably best ignored because I talk utter rubbish most of the time.

Welcome Rowley! Great to see you.

I am sorry you had a rough time of it...

I and everyone else are here to be 100% committed to helping you in your quit.

Is there anything you need help with right now?

Welcome Rowly!  I'm sorry you had a difficult time.  No smoking allowed!  Glad you are here.  Like someone else said, start a thread and tell us what's going on that's making you feel like giving up your awesome quit!

Hi Rowly!

I can't remember how far along you are in your quit, but I was having a hard time last week too, and I am almost 9 months quit.  I think it was the change of seasons & stress & feeling kinda blue and, and, and..... I almost bought a pack at the gas station where i used to get them.  

I made a post about it (other site), and many of the fine people here helped get my head back on track!  

So stay strong, ok!! 

Edited by PetraD

His rowly.....

Sorry to hear you having a bad time.....

The little monster is trying to temp you.....have non of it.....

Do anything......just don't smoke.......you are stronger than you think.....

Take it easy.....minute by minute if you have too.

• Like 1

Hi Rowly and welcome on board, we are all here to help and support you as much as we can, struggling when you have quit is horrible and especially if you try and cope with it alone, here you are amongst friends, "quit smoking" friends who understand exactly what you are going through,