Detoxing from crappy eating

Colleen

So, since I whacked my head, my time at the gym has been limited.  Also, have been eating crappy, which is probably due from not being at the gym so much.  Even drinking water has been limited.  I am not entirely sure what my purpose is here in posting this thread...accountability of some sort?  

Well, if I had been doing so well with nutrition and exercise and then had this fairly serious head injury that messed everything up, I think I would be a mixture of angry, frightened and sorry for myself. Does any of that sound familiar? Can you do any exercise at all or do you have to remain as quiet as possible? Could you swim? Use a rowing machine? Walk? Anything?

• Like 1

I've been eating like crap too Colleen and took a gym hiatus as well. I know that at least until the first I am going to continue to eat like crap just because it's in front of me. So last year was smoking and this year will be fitness, I guess.

• Like 1

Sorry you're  eating crap, easy to do, unfortunately so much of whats bad for me tastes soooo good, and is quick and easy (I'm lazy so I like easy ;) )... but I agree with Bat, it's the holidays.. be mindful of it but don't stress over it, after new years  work on eating better :)

• Like 2

Well, if I had been doing so well with nutrition and exercise and then had this fairly serious head injury that messed everything up, I think I would be a mixture of angry, frightened and sorry for myself. Does any of that sound familiar? Can you do any exercise at all or do you have to remain as quiet as possible? Could you swim? Use a rowing machine? Walk? Anything?

I'm feeling a lot better Chrys and am getting back into the exercise game.  The past week it has seemed to really turn around.  Mostly now it's just tiredness and a mental fog of some sort.  The headaches have subsided quite a bit, they are just barely there.  Once I am full into my exercise regimen, I'm sure my energy will come back.  Now about those dark circles under my eyes... :angry:

Well, as most hospital workers know, when the patient starts feeling well enough to grouse about everything, their recovery is well under way. You say that you are feeling better, headaches almost gone, able to exercise some, definitely on the upswing. So naturally, now is when you start to complain about your eating patterns! You're complaining about that because everything else is noticeably improved. (LOL!!) Please don't worry about what you are or are not eating just now. Continue doing whatever is necessary to continue and complete the healing process. Exercise gently as often as you are allowed. And get off your back about anything else. Cut yourself some slack, girl! 

Glad you are feeling a bit better Colleen.

For me, it is always taking one step that starts bringing the others in line...so I start with forcing myself to drink more water....

But it sounds like you are already back on it....get those endorphins going! (And work off the Christmas goodies!)

It's a good thing I took two classes at the gym yesterday...Went to Union Jack yesterday, which is the closest English shop to me.  I go once in a  blue moon, but always go before Christmas for gifts.  It's probably best that I don't mention, what I walked out of there with or what I consumed since.  I would be a bad influence to you all  :on_the_quiet2:

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this thread is about somethings else.  

Since I have been back from South America, I lost seven lbs this week the hard way and I am having some leg and feet cramps. I am not sure if it is a detox from the carb, sugar and cocktail loaded diet I had on the cruise now that I am back on low carb, or if I have a bug.   

I thought this thread is about somethings else.  

Since I have been back from South America, I lost seven lbs this week the hard way and I am having some leg and feet cramps. I am not sure if it is a detox from the carb, sugar and cocktail loaded diet I had on the cruise now that I am back on low carb, or if I have a bug.   

Hope you feel better!  A change in diet changes all sorts of things :)

• Like 1