Mission to Guatemala

soul

I have almost reached the mandatory goal in my fundraiser for the September mission to Guatemala.

I am so very excited!

Last week, part of the fundraiser was dinner and a baseball game (Go Pirates!!) We had a great time and I got to meet the "captain" of the Physical Therapy travel team. Over 60 surgeries planned for one week!!

Looks like it will be a great adventure............................

Another door that leads me to "pay it forward".................

• Like 12

I will share events and pictures as able of course.

As far as the fundraiser is concerned and to answer "JustSomeGuy"'s question.............yes, the non-profit Foundation has a fundraiser website set up for the entire Foundation as well as for individual volunteers. They have done this mission for now 5 trips.........2 to Guatemala, 2 to Honduras and one to Panama................this one will be the 6th one. Back to Antigua, Guatemala...................

The Foundation offers total knee and total hip replacements to those who cannot function because of their "orthopedic" condition. Some cannot provide for their family because of their condition..............The Foundation also pairs up with a local orphanage......so there is a humanitarian side to it as well........in those locations, volunteers repaint the orphanage, rebuild a wall or toilets, etc.........etc..............

The surgeries are also offered at the local level (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) ............

There is a national Foundation called Operation Walk.................obviously I am volunteering in the local chapter, Operation Walk Pittsburgh .................

we "Walk it Forward"........... ;-)

• Like 1