Really rough day

Jclarke241

I'm "this" close to asking my mom for a smoke. I feel like it's the worst time in the world for me to quit smoking. I'm on disability living with my parents in a very rural area without a car. I have nothing to do all day and the depression that's set in as a result leaves me with absolutely no motivation to do ANYTHING. Sadly, smoking is what gets me out of bed and now I don't even have that. 

I just want to say f it, not now. 

• Like 2

Cooking is a great idea.  Anything to keep you busy until the worst of it passes.  Are you being treated for your depression?  If not and if you are able I recommend talking with your doctor.  

Being isolated is hard in times like these but there are things you could do to help.  Do you knit?  Have a hobby?  

hey jc there are plenty of things to do right here on the forum

try going into the social section and start playing the games. I guarantee you will be hooked and they are a good distraction and easy when the mind is foggy

also try to force yourself outside into the fresh air, don them boots and go get muddy it will do wonders for your spirit, i know you dont want to but try and pull yourself outside xx

I'm sorry I missed this but it looks like you were in good hands with Sally and lace (love you guys!)

I think one of the main reasons I smoked was boredom, which is just mad now I look back on it - it did nothing to alleviate my boredom, and I could end up chain smoking 'just because'...!

Honestly, there is no 'bad' or 'wrong' time to quit smoking, and anything you do besides smoke will be 10000x better than smoking, I promise. It will get easier, we can all attest to that!

• Like 1

I wanted to thank everyone for their support today. I just finished making dinner and I feel much better than I did earlier. 

Tomorrow I'm going to give knitting a try. Hopefully it'll keep my hands busy and my brain occupied. 

Thanks again all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 10

I wanted to thank everyone for their support today. I just finished making dinner and I feel much better than I did earlier. 

Tomorrow I'm going to give knitting a try. Hopefully it'll keep my hands busy and my brain occupied. 

Thanks again all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Fabulous to have a plan....and Hell Week is done!!

JC - well done! Overcoming a crave like that is a real sign of commitment - you now know that even when it gets tough - you can win.

BRILLIANT work!

Team USA (and the mighty Trevor of course ;) )...much applause from across the pond. Well done.

Knitting eh?

I could do with a new scarf......

• Like 1

This is now it done jc....reach out for help when the going gets touch....

You won that battle.....feel,proud.....

There is heaps to read here.....dogs and cats...games to play.....keeping busy is a great help

Hey and stu wants a scarf....better get knitting.....

sorry I wasn't here ...but....well done quit train members.....who rushed in and saved the day......you folks are the best...xxx