So Excited :) The Tickets Have Come.

sharonsiff

Just answered the door and signed for four tickets that are going to make the Siifs very excited.

The One Direction concert tickets have come...oh my life...can't wait!

We have never been to a concert as a family before, we have been to pantomimes, local theater production...even ventured to the O2 years ago to watch Disney's High School Musical on ice...but this, this is HUGE.

My girls are so in love with 1D and they are being supported by their other favourite band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. I don't mind their music, easy to listen to, doesn't offend my ears. The exciting part, for me, is to see the expressions on their faces when the boys come on stage, it will be electric and so very exciting. A Sifford memory for ever and ever. Wow....just wow...it's really happening-June.

Plus I will feel young again no doubt, and get caught up in the excitement. I hope they play this track as going is part of the story of our, the Siffs, life.

• Like 4

Just answered the door and signed for four tickets that are going to make the Siifs very excited.

The One Direction concert tickets have come...oh my life...can't wait!

We have never been to a concert as a family before, we have been to pantomimes, local theater production...even ventured to the O2 years ago to watch Disney's High School Musical on ice...but this, this is HUGE.

My girls are so in love with 1D and they are being supported by their other favourite band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. I don't mind their music, easy to listen to, doesn't offend my ears. The exciting part, for me, is to see the expressions on their faces when the boys come on stage, it will be electric and so very exciting. A Sifford memory for ever and ever. Wow....just wow...it's really happening-June.

Plus I will feel young again no doubt, and get caught up in the excitement. I hope they play this track as going is part of the story of our, the Siffs, life.

thats wierd the other day i fell down some stairs and i happened to be holding a guitar  and i only went and wrote a one direction song lol

im only joking sharon i hope you all have a great day enjoy

• Like 2

Sharon...

I am desperately trying to think of a positive...I just would not be able to cope...

But - I do see your point on the 'look on the girls faces' I bet that will be some picture!

It will be priceless...no doubt. Knowing me I'll have a 'tear at a wedding moment' with the sheer joy of it all.

They are so excited, it wonderful.

I remember my first concert, Meatloaf (with my dad and Uncle) I felt numb with shock when his opening number 'Bat Outta Hell' came on. Could just not believe the man I listed to most nights, on my tape cassette, was stood there, belting it out in front of my very eyes.

It really is the little moments like that, when you look back, really do make you smile isn't it? That lovely warm glow you get in your belly.

• Like 1

thats wierd the other day i fell down some stairs and i happened to be holding a guitar  and i only went and wrote a one direction song lol

im only joking sharon i hope you all have a great day enjoy

Thanks Andrew... ;)

No doubt I'll be out of my seat...dancing...gotta show these youngsters how it's done after all.... ;)

Meatloaf...

One Direction..

The world is going to hell in a hand basket...this generations Meatloaf is 1D...

I am formally and officially a Grumpy Old Git...

Nearly woke Lee up laughing..lol...not good after he's worked a 12 hour night shift.

Would it tip you over the edge if I also told you I was in love with...

David Cassidy

Donny Osmond

Adam Ant...just gorgeous

And...and I don't always feel comfortable sharing this, people can be very judgemental you know, but Rick Astley...there I said it. Been to his concert...have all his cds, even got my girls to 'quite like ' some of his tracks.

Truth be told, I'm a bit like the O'Jays....I love music...any kinda music...right on ;)

• Like 1

One Direction? Rick Astley? I blame it on the quit ;)

seriously you guys are going to have a ball and I think Sharon you definately will show the younguns how its done ;)

have a fab time :)

• Like 1

Sounds like your girls will have fun ;)

Just think Action...when you and your wife get pregnant you will have all this too look forward to, too. Starts small...school concerts, a pantomime or three...then Billy big time music halls....start saving now ;) worth every penny. Oh and don't forget to put cash away for Liverpool football team merchandise ;)

Awww...sharon...that's so cool.  I remember those days

took my daughter to Nsync and pink when she was 14 ....she will never forget it

That must have been so exciting for her Babs, both Billy big time artists. I remember Nsync...our country copied and we had Take That. Fabulous teenage cheesy pop...still love that genre.

Pink...wow...one day for us four...one day.

I bet if you mentioned it and reminded your daughter now she would get a belly glow, and smile.

One Direction? Rick Astley? I blame it on the quit ;)

seriously you guys are going to have a ball and I think Sharon you definately will show the younguns how its done ;)

have a fab time :)

For sure....operation hairbrush...mirror...tunes and practise, 1 and 2 and 3 and 4.

Even got an Essex twist on the shoulder shimmy....it's going great ;)

• Like 1

How fun!

My daughter would have LOVED to have seen one direction when they were here, but tickets were sooo expensive.  Like $350 for way up in the rafters and off to the side.  I couldn't do it.  :(

Oh Sharon bring your ear plugs. My husband took my daughter to the Jonas brothers a few years ago. He said the sound of thousands of screaming girls was a sound like he has never experienced before. lol he said he could still hear them for days after the show.

HAVE FUN!

• Like 1

How fun!

My daughter would have LOVED to have seen one direction when they were here, but tickets were sooo expensive.  Like $350 for way up in the rafters and off to the side.  I couldn't do it.  :(

HI Petra, and thanks.

That's expensive isn't it? We would have been in the same boat as you, at that price, and not been going...just too expensive.

Has your daughter had her head turned by 5 seconds of Summer yet Petra? They are currently No1 in the Uk.

A rocky type sound....if that's the right word. They have been doing tours over here but always clashed with school nights, and too far to drive to. Don't know if they have a buzz around them your side of the pond? She might enjoy their music is she loves 1D, they toured with them in the UK last year.

• Like 1

Oh Sharon bring your ear plugs. My husband took my daughter to the Jonas brothers a few years ago. He said the sound of thousands of screaming girls was a sound like he has never experienced before. lol he said he could still hear them for days after the show.

HAVE FUN!

Jonas brothers...pizza girl...I rememberbthem Bonnie...out aroundvthe same time asvthe High School Musical era...awww, happy days.

Lee, my hubby, took our Megan to the 1D concert last year, in February. Her sister hadn't had her 'head turned' lasy year so didn't fancy it (was more into Mumford and Sons back then) Bonhie I cried laughing when they got back, his ears....ringing...said he was sure it did permanent damage...rofl...mind you, our Megan said he was singing his head off, dancing away...he loved it really, even if he wouldn't admit it.... ;)

• Like 1

She went from Mumford and Sons to 1D?????

How is that progress?

Now - get online and get yourselves tickets for We Will Rock You..proper musical education!

I'm going for the third time on May 15th...

Bet you and Lee would love it too!

• Like 1

She went from Mumford and Sons to 1D?????

How is that progress?

Now - get online and get yourselves tickets for We Will Rock You..proper musical education!

I'm going for the third time on May 15th...

Bet you and Lee would love it too!

I bet we would....although I first want to see Jersey Boys, if I could.

Third time...wow...you must love it. I did Les Mis three times so I totally get that pull...15th of May, won't be long...excited for you.

Well....it could be worse. It could be Justin Beiber.

Just joking :p

I hope you make marvelous memories.

The first concert my parents took me to was Michael Jackson. I wasn't old enough to go with just friends so they took me, even though they didn't like his music. Lol

• Like 1

I bet we would....although I first want to see Jersey Boys, if I could.

Third time...wow...you must love it. I did Les Mis three times so I totally get that pull...15th of May, won't be long...excited for you.

Closes at the end of May...(maybe goes on tour)

Going with La Bandita - and a golfing buddy (it will be his 7th time!)

• Like 1

Closes at the end of May...(maybe goes on tour)

Going with La Bandita - and a golfing buddy (it will be his 7th time!)

Do you guys dress up? I love to see folk going dressed up, really going with the theme.

wow at your friend, good for him I say...great to have something to look forward to.

Do you guys dress up? I love to see folk going dressed up, really going with the theme.

wow at your friend, good for him I say...great to have something to look forward to.

Most of my clothes are from that era.....

No - don't dress up. But once or twice I am almost certain that I tapped my foot

• Like 1

Well....it could be worse. It could be Justin Beiber.

Just joking :p

I hope you make marvelous memories.

The first concert my parents took me to was Michael Jackson. I wasn't old enough to go with just friends so they took me, even though they didn't like his music. Lol

Sorry I missed this earlier Julie...

JB..rofl..oh they would not be pleased...lol

Sounds like you have memory making parents too...I can imagine that concert was spectacular.