Under a month??? Anyone want a huckleberry?

bakon

I am still using my patch and the first two or three weeks I would chew nicotine gum to get through tough cravings. I cut off the gum a few weeks ago, and am about to step down to 14mg patch. I worked out this plan on day 3 of my quit with the help of my doctor, and I am going to follow it through.

I know cold turkey gets all the nasty done right at the start, but this is the most successful quit attempt of my life so I feel like it's right for me.

I agree that the gum is more similar to smoking, and going to it after patches is probably not the best.

In any case NRT is better than cigarettes.

Your quit is yours hun.. it's about what works for you, as Doreen says "all roads lead to Rome"  it's that you get quit and stay quit that matters, not how you do it,

..you could stand on your head a sing yankee doodle dandy  for all we care.. if it helps you get and stay quit we're with you!

hugs and cookies for you hun - you're doing great!! :D

• Like 2

I am still using my patch and the first two or three weeks I would chew nicotine gum to get through tough cravings. I cut off the gum a few weeks ago, and am about to step down to 14mg patch. I worked out this plan on day 3 of my quit with the help of my doctor, and I am going to follow it through.

I know cold turkey gets all the nasty done right at the start, but this is the most successful quit attempt of my life so I feel like it's right for me.

I agree that the gum is more similar to smoking, and going to it after patches is probably not the best.

In any case NRT is better than cigarettes.

A wise person on this board said this and I completely agree! 

Using a tool to quit is not cheating, this is not a competition with anyone else.  It doesn't matter how you quit, what matters is that you do quit.  Some may call it a crutch and in a way it is, but so what?  We are not all going to agree on quit methods, but we all do agree on quitting.  How we get to where we are going is not what' s important, that we get there, that is important.  I used GPS or a map to find a destination and you didn't.  We both made it here, in the end that's what matters. 
  • Like 2

That's what they say?

It was cool at one point to all us. Not anymore. We can say a lot of things like "I like it." Or "I just do it for....." But it is killing you. Make up any reason you want. It is much better without it.

• Like 3

How possible will it be! If quitting is that simply, I will assume you are not addicted! For some guys, smoking is just a cool thing!

quitting is doable....you just need to want it more than you want to smoke.....

Once you have all the knowledge ...what nicotine really is......a poison and killer...

Nothing cool about sitting on a oxygen tank every day......

You can do it....

• Like 1