December 28th

Hey Stu, I'm still here and on day 2.  I have a thing on my phone called "Cessation Nation" and it says right now that I'm 1 day, 10 hours and 29 minutes since my last cigarette, I have saved a whopping 16 dollars and 35 cents.  I haven't smoked 50.30 cigarettes and I have saved 5 hours and 1 minute of my life.   Quit trains says 1 day and 16 hours.  I don't get it. 

I'm trying not to focus on quitting.  I am trying to just go about my life without smoking.  But I'm in a full blown rage and have been since last night.  I have been through this before and I'll go through it again. 

I will stick around. I only leave when I feel weak. But yeah, I will be reading. At least once a day.

When you are feeling weak is the most important time to 'stick around'...

No excuses this time Tiffany, you can and will do this, and we are right behind you every step of the way. You got this.

• Like 2

Hey Stu, I'm still here and on day 2.  I have a thing on my phone called "Cessation Nation" and it says right now that I'm 1 day, 10 hours and 29 minutes since my last cigarette, I have saved a whopping 16 dollars and 35 cents.  I haven't smoked 50.30 cigarettes and I have saved 5 hours and 1 minute of my life.   Quit trains says 1 day and 16 hours.  I don't get it. 

I'm trying not to focus on quitting.  I am trying to just go about my life without smoking.  But I'm in a full blown rage and have been since last night.  I have been through this before and I'll go through it again. 

Everything is going to piss you off now, you know that. 

I think that statement about not focusing and just going about life is great. Just go about your day and if a crave hits tell it to go eff itself and carry on. 

Tiff if you need to rage, then rage. Get a pillow and scream into it, punch it, bite it and kick its arse. Will you look like a loon if someone catches you? Yup... ;) But you will feel so much better. 

• Like 1

Hi Tiff, good to see you're still quit and hanging tough! :) ... sorry I can't answer your question on the time difference, but no doubt someone will be able to...

You said you're "in a full blown rage"...just feeling angry in general?  rage at the addiction? rage at yourself?.. 

• Like 1

Tiff ....

Leaving when you weak....has led to relapse....

Why not try to the opposite this time.....stick around more.....this is where you need the support to succeed....

You have been here before...you know the temper thing will go.....a lot of us have been there....

Don't forget your daily nope....it's a promise to yourself ..you will stay smoke free for the next 24 hours....

I know when I first quit....my daily nope was so important to me....

To be honest ...it still is......

• Like 2

Stu, I don't even know what to say to your post. I read it last night. And I read it again. And it really made me think. And it made me cry. You are what I don't want my children to ever have to go through.

I think Robert is right. Tiffany needs to start listening to Tiffany.

Thank you to all of you.

I put out my last cigarette at 9 pm last night. I quit.

You just made my day, Tiffany!!  It was a rather rough day at work and to see this really puts things into perspective.  Check in and post as often as you can because it really does help. :)

• Like 1

Ummmmmm...

Not sure what to make of that one Tiff?

I was having a bad day yesterday.  And voiced it.  But then last night, deleted it.  I wish that quitting did cause one to feel so much anger and depression.  But it doesn't really matter.  I know all this, right ?   Been through it a thousand times already.   

Thanks for checking up on me though.  : )