hello .. today is my day 2

yabmob

Great news!! Rest easy.  Also a heads up, I just noticed you're quitting cold turkey, maybe get some fruit juice tomoz and take sips ofit every couple of hours. Your blood sugars jump around a bit (something to do with chemicals in cigs) and they can feel a bit like a crave and or/make you feel tired. The natural lift of a fruit juice helps and also moves the nicotine out your system quicker if it's cranberry juice.  Any will help if you don't like cranberry though.

Today when you wake you will complete 72 hours and the last of your nicotine will be gone from your body!!  

Don't forget the key here is distraction. Sips of cold water. Click your fingers. Suck air through a straw. Hard boiled candy. Jumping from foot to foot. Using the work NOPE either in your head or out loud. Go for a power walk...all exercise stops a crave dead in it's tracks. Any of these may help :)

x

Hey Marti, Thanks a lot for your suggestions and support. I thought that the first few days would be super tough but now that i have passed that it felt so simple. I should have done this long time back. This is the first time i am able to go this far without any nicotine intake and saying NOPE out loud (I did that today a couple of time when i was stuck in traffic) really helps.

• Like 4

Welcome Yabmob! 

This is an amazing and wonderful group of people, and a awesome decision that you have made!

Nope, Halt, and One day at a time your way to freedom!

I am rather new here myself, but I am sooooo glad to be free from the expense, stench and illness associated with cigarettes. You can do anything you need to do to get through the tough times, just so long as its not smoking. Sleep, shower, tea or cocoa, yelling, crying, laughing, games, movies, going for a walk, ect.

Congratulations!!

Thanks Kristin .. and yes i am taking it one day at a time. I have become more aware of my triggers now and the moment i have an urge i remind myself of the 10 thousand cigarettes that i had already puffed away in the past .. none of them did any good to me. 

Its funny you mention yelling, crying and laughing ... for me i have started eating more .. and i think its a phase an ill gradually gravitate towards the more healthy stuff.

Sorry guys .. i have been MIA for a few days .. and its been going really good. its not that i dont think about smoking atleast once a day, but the urges have died down drastically and it feels awesome. 

Thanks a lot for checking in and will post more often ...

• Like 8

Amazing!!  So you have a full week quit under your  belt now!!!  Will pop a celebration thread up if there isn't one already there as that's fantastic and we should defo celebrate!! Is your quit date 30th Nov or 1st Dec...struggling to work out with the time difference :)

Sorry guys .. i have been MIA for a few days .. and its been going really good. its not that i dont think about smoking atleast once a day, but the urges have died down drastically and it feels awesome. 

Thanks a lot for checking in and will post more often ...

:) Thinking of you yabmob...write soon, won't you ?