My friend

beacon

I have someone who has worked for me for 20 years. I care about her and her family. She had a major heart attack a few years ago but kept on smoking with the stents in her arteries. Today she felt unwell and was taken to the hospital for her heart again. I am concerned about her and upset that she did not quit or make other life style changes.

Smoking sucks the life out of you! It makes you look 20 years older than you actually are. You end up yellowed, shriveled, puckered. And that is just on the outside.

It is my goal to stay as healthy as possible, to be strong, to be mobile and active, for as long as possible.

Nope.

• Like 3

I am so sorry to hear this Beacon.  It's hard being on the side of freedom, looking back wishing we could get them to quit.  Do you remember former smokers encouraging you to quit?  I do.  I wish I listened sooner.  Tell your friend about our forum, maybe she will be ready.  

im sorry for your friend beacon when the illnesses due to smoking take hold it has a ripple effect on everyone - it is a selfish act in the end as it is curable I hope she makes it through for her sake and all who care about her and i hope she quits

((hugs))

she will be in my prayers x

I'm sorry about your friend.  It's so hard when you know freedom like we do and not be able to get all those we love on board.  I'm glad you're here with us and maybe this will be what gets your friend to finally take the plunge.

Sorry to hear about your friend - sending positive vibes your way. I know it is difficult to watch someone continue to smoke - but I know I wouldn't have listened to someone telling me not to smoke - so just continue to be a positive role model and hope she sees the benefits .

Beacon, all my closest friends still smoke.  I know what you are talking about.  If only.  We could make them understand without alienating ourselves from them.

I am sorry she is going through this and I will be thinking of you guys and sending good vibes.  Just keep doing what you are doing. being there for her. 

Remember to take care of yourself too!

Beacon, I am so sorry for your friend and that she has not made that chose to quit yet. I can it imagine it must be so heartbreaking and frustrating at the same time. I hope she sees what an inspiration you are and believes in herself enough to quit soon.  You are a good friend Beacon and I am sure you are doing everything you possibly can by being there for her.

Its so frustrating isn't it!  im so sorry for your friend beacon.  My father in law is the same way.  He never had the heart attack but almost did, has a stent in place and still smokes.  Next time he won't be so lucky. 

Hugs to you.  

I hope your friend is OK. :(

Addiction is a horrible thing, any way you look at it.  

I feel very fortunate to be here and have quit. Not everyone gets it, as we well know.

I hope your friend will try now.

I'm sending good thoughts her way.

Smack her in head and show her this site. Or take her a turd out of the box and show her how smokes are worse smelling. Or pick your nose and tell her how it's less offensive to others than smoking

So sorry about your friend Beacon, hope she sees this terrible scare as the one to stop her smoking. You sound extremely solid in your quit and who knows, she might follow you into a haapy smoke free life? Let's hope so.