newby here

Sergeant A

It's very reassuring to get the support from you guys.  I just want to say thanks to all so far.  I took the next step and eliminated my after breakfast smoke this morning and I plan on not having any while not at work.  I ran 4 miles last night, that's how I found success before so I'll be in the gym again tonight.    

• Like 4

You know Sergeant A,

You can quit with or without drugs.

If you feel more confident with medication then, go for it.

Just know that whichever method you choose to quit,

it will still come down to the commitment

to Not One Puff Ever, NOPE.

You are an addict just like us.

Educated yourself on your addiction

and commit to NOPE.

You are stalling for a reason that you may want to examine and learn from and then continue on your quit.

We are here 24/7 to help in anyway we can.

Spend some time watching all the videos here,

S

Got the meds today.  Haven't taken them yet.... not sure what I'm waiting on.  

Here are some of the videos. What are your fears? I procrastinated with quitting so many times and with previous quits never actually gave it a chance. If you commit to it and educate yourself to the addiction I promise you that it is worse in your head than it actually is in reality. Take the leap SGT. A we are here to help you. 

This is the video library from Joel Spitzer. There is so much information there. 

These are documentaries about big tobacco. All of it will infuriate you. 

• Like 1

Take it one day at a time, you could try quit today/tomorrow without the meds and see how you find it, you'd be surprised it's not as horrible as you think it will be, the fear of quitting is harder then the quit, if you find you need the meds then take them,

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today, 25th of November is a pretty cool quit date and you would be celebrating your 1 month anniversary on Christmas day, sounds perfect to me xx

I never could quit for ever. Still can't.

I just quit for Today.

Much easier to quit one day at a time...

This I need to read everyday!

Welcome Sgt. Start your meds...jump on the train and when you can't hold on give a SOS we got your back!

• Like 2

Indeed SGT A, it is ultimately up to you to take the plunge but we will all be here for you when you do. 

Start with one day, hour, minute at a time... whatever you need so long as you start.

Decide before hand which one will be the last, and think about why you want it to be the last one while you smoke it. 

• Like 3

So here you go.  From this moment N.O.P.E.  Officially on the train as of 1545 30 November 2014. 

what time zone will 15:45 be in, GMT ?

Is this when you stop cigarettes ?

VERY EXCITING !!  You will be on a very rewarding journey, don't forget to have fun.