newby here

Sergeant A

Hello all, I was in the process of this quiting thng and found this board.  I've been smoking or dipping since I was 14 mostly smoking.  I was dipping for a few years and recently tried to quit cold turkey and I think I almost lost my mind.  So I started puffing again because I had been successfull at quiting that and it has less nicotiene than dip does, so I'm off dip but still on tobbacco and now I'm getting ready to try it with the aid of prescriptions for the firs time.  Wish me luck and say some prayers for me.

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum!  Glad that you've made the decision to completely quit nicotine.  You can do this just like millions of other people have.  I would recommend that you start my reading the Newbie Database, reading all that you can on the forums and start watching Joel's Video Library from the beginning.

I had initially quit using Wellbutrin XL and it worked.  Check in each day, at least in this thread and chronicle your quit even though your still smoking.  It would be nice to watch you succeed from the very beginning.

When is your quit date?

Give us some more info. What's your plan and which prescription? How many years smoking or dipping , which should be called mouth shitting cause of how bad that looks but will get to that later.... Get to reading and start a plan. Then fill us in and we will help

Sgt bakon

• Like 1

2 December is my target date.  The PA said I should take the meds for a week before quiting and I won't get them for a couple of days.

Thanks for the info I'll check that stuff out.

I started mine while still smoking and after about a week smoking made me very nauseous; to the point that I couldn't smoke unless I wanted to get sick.  I was on the meds for around 3 weeks or so.  When I went off the meds, there was no desire to smoke, any additional cravings etc.  :)

So my plan is welbuteral and I don't think i spelled that right.  They don't give Chantix to depoyed soldiers it can mess up your head.  I quit cold turkey about 8 years ago and it lasted 3 years before I started dipping (I know it's gross).  My plan is exercise and water.  I also have allot people I'm here with that will back me up.

• Like 3

Hi Sergeant, nice to meet you!

You don't need any 'luck' with quitting; anyone can do it, and I'm sure that you will too!

I hope you can stay and learn about addiction and join us all on our journeys to freedom :)

Congratulations!!  We all remember the hopefully statement, but you know what, some of quitting was amazing. Some examples are your first really deep breath, the understanding and self belief quite apart from you wake one day and it's like someone doubled your stamina. There are so many benefits that we just can't think of when we are a smoker and I am really excited for you. 

I did Chantix (although I understand you can't) but I think they all work much the same and it really helps to do something constructive towards it. In the end, all of these methods are a bit of a crutch but whatever feels right to you is good to do, whatever works!!  The board here will also jump right in behind you. It really helped back in the day to be able to speak, celebrate and vent with people who had been through the journey and we will be happy to do the same for you.

Welcome. x

• Like 1

Hi Sergeant A.

First, thank you for your service, 

And second, welcome to the Quit Train "family"!!!!  There's always someone around if you need/want to talk, vent or just have fun... 

It really is a great place to quit and then stay quit, ... a lot of good people here, with lots of wisdom and support whenever needed.

Again, welcome Sergeant, !! :D

Hi and welcome aboard.....congrats on your great decision to quit.....

I was a 52 year smoker....I quit...and have never felt so good....

My advice....read all you can...and more.....stay close to these great folks....all the support you will need is right here....

It's so doable....or you need my friend ...is to want it bad enough....

Xxxx

Welcome to the QT!  Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  I've known quite a few peeps who have had great success with Wellbutrin. Do as much reading as you can about this addiction as it will help you to understand the changes you'll go through.  The key to success is to make a committment to never take another puff N.O.P.E no matter what.

Let us know what we can do to help.

Hey Sargeant A. Welcome Aboard.

Thank you for your service.

Lots of folk here used prescriptions to quit, but I didnt, so I can't give any useful advice there.

I have observed that however you quit, the key is commitment. You can absolutely do this, but you need to commit 100%.

Great to have you here.

Welcome Sergeant A.

Read Read Read  HERE  and  Watch and Watch .  Information is the best tool in your kit.  Education = successful quit.

Once you know the Truth about your Nicotine Addiction you will no longer allow it to rule you.

The Freedom is Extraordinary !

Love, 
S

Oh !  Post often !  Post everywhere....start a Blog if you care to.  Your journey will touch others and help in ways you cannot fathom.

Welcome aboard this is a great train to ride on - people from all walks of life - Congrats on your decision to be tobacco free -it is a great

feeling but if I could give you any advice it would be to stay close to the site - I know it has made things much easier then they would have been 

without it for me. NOPE!

• Like 1

Welcome!!

This is a great place, everyone here is very supportive. 

Read as much information as you can! Think long about your reasons to quit smoking, and come up with a plan for what to do when cravings hit. 

You can do this!

ETA: My husband quit with me and he used to dip and smoke. In the past he had quit smoking by relying on the dip like you did. This time he quit the dip first, and we have 20 days under our belts! 

• Like 5