Day 4 blues

Wendy

Hey Wendy...

Might have nothing at to do with the quitting.

Dunno about you - but weather is cold here, its dark already...wet wet winter. Crap basically.

You are not going to fail - because you choose not to smoke. Nothing to fail there.

You are going to smell better, live better, and have more money. Everyone that loves you is proud of that.

Look out for that paper - a lethal weapon.

Sorry its a crap day, but it would be crapper if you were smoking. Go make a nice cup of tea! 

• Like 4

Oh Wendy...I had bad days....I was a life smoker...who didn't know how to live with out the cig....

how I got through the days....I promised myself....that no matter what was thrown at me....I wouldn't smoke....

Our emotions waver so much....tomorrow you might be thinking totally different....

They don't call it a roller coaster ride for nothing........

Hope it gets better soon honey...

Xxxx

• Like 2

Hi Wendy, this seems quite common for people in your situation, but I know for certain that there are examples of people here who got through it, just like you are going to get through it. Positive thinking is the key here, and remembering how treacle smoking is...

It sucks that you feel bad right now, but let's try and get through it. All I want right now is for you to succeed (which you can and will). You won't feel this rubbish for long, and tomorrow will be better.

Any way of getting distracted? TV program's, movies, music?

• Like 4

As so many of us know..at least I do.. sometimes it is getting through the minute not the day...and no putting ourselves in a situation where we may be vulnerable initially. Last night was tough for me So I read and watched videos on QT until I was too tired to keep me eyes open...Hang in there sweetie you can do this!

• Like 5

As so many of us know..at least I do.. sometimes it is getting through the minute not the day...and no putting ourselves in a situation where we may be vulnerable initially. Last night was though for me Soviet read and watched videos on QT until I was too tired to keep me eyes open...Hang in there sweetie you can do this!

Jess...this is absolutely right.....one minute at a time if need be....

Most of us have been were you

Folks have got through it...in all different ways.....

My I pod....full blast in my ears.....singing....well making a noise really...

Shouting nope ....

One saying stuck in my mind.....do what you have too....because smoking is not on the table.....

Stay strong....

• Like 2

Oh god, yes, Wendy, thisVVVVVV

I feel like I'm abstaining rather than quit and admit currently have the "whats the point 'cos you know your just gonna fail again" mentality

That is me right now. Maybe El Bandito is right about the weather. It is crappy, wet and dark here and has been really cold (warm right now but cold again tonight and tomorrow). Don't know why else I would be so down, but right now it feels like each day is getting harder, not easier.

Whine, whine, I know won't help but just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Karen

• Like 3

Sometimes, its just time to have a wee chuckle at ourselves.

Karen, Wendy - you are not going to fail. If needs be the rest of us will carry you on for a while - 

You are both doing something magnificent. You are taking control of your lives - and kicking a nasty filthy addiction into the gutter. AND you are doing it, actually doing it.

Shout it from the rooftops - "I quit smoking. I am in control of my own destiny. I am awesome"

You are doing great - and I know it sounds difficult to believe - but it gets better, and BETter, and BETTER! 

BELIEVE ME - you know you can trust a man in a skirt.....

• Like 6

Wendy and Karen and jess when I was abstaining the phrase I quit, I Did not give up ANYTHING was what switched it for me.

Post and hang about the board, a lot! PM each other and pull each other through, vent, scream, I do believe also seasons have an effect

Come on ladies you can get out of this funk xx

• Like 4

Hey Ladies - sorry the weather is crappy in your neck of the woods ( I won't mention that it is Summer here... Oops did I just say that out loud ?:-) ). But from what I know smoking won't improve the climate - or fix paper cuts ! - I think a lot of us early in our quits were abstaining - that is where the one minute, one hour, one day aha time comes in handy - it will get better but in the interim you need to find some distractions - exercise, reading or whatever else comes to mind when it is cold, dark and you are housebound with a significant other :-)

• Like 5

how to get mojo back....start with taking off your clothes....then put on someone elses...

for smoking you just need a kick in the asss  sgt was always good with this....

if quitin was easy, then we wouldn't be here, put your head down and push through...only way is to change the attitude...easy to say but really not hard to do...its how you look at it...weather sucks, my finger hurts..i want to.....total loser attitude. go cry and get it over, give you two minutes then come back and keep reading

ok, now the climb back out of the self pity hole, strap on the big boots, time to march...one foot in front of other, lean into it....start to feel some pain, push, that's healing pain, not bad pain....keep pushing, learn to like that struggle, whats that I feel? healing because there is no more I want to ....tough you cant. your grown up now and know better....your in the gray right now...got to push through to the blue....no other way...up to you how..bad attitude and struggle or good attitude and just looking forward...it will ease up...you will get normal again...we all got there...but it is a march you got to complete...no shortcut...we all marched the road....when you put your mind to it then its just the matter of moving or doing it...so when your finger hurts and its raining, go stand in the rain for a minute, you didn't die, melt or grow a third eye, have a lung removed or get chemo, you got wet and your finger bled, but you didn't smoke, so get that counter going, start some small rewards, get motivated to push and enjoy the push. quiting is mental. can you count to ten, then you got enough mental capacity to quit.

does it bother you that other get to smoke and you want to be there? then change that thought, they get  to stink, they get to have bad breath, grey skin, mucus coming up their throat trying to clear the tar and chemicals, they get to have poor circulation, be tied to a weight, dragging about a block around their neck.  Go lick an ashtray. seriously put your fingers in there, rub some ash on your gums, taste good? now rub it in your hair. now go out and talk to people, that's what you miss?  smelling like an ashtray with dogshit breath? 

so how to get your mojo back, take off your clothes...and do anything

how to quit smoking, nope. that easy, mind over everything you can say.

• Like 6

Morning Wendy! Morning Karen (well in a while anyway)

The sun has got his hat on here! Hurrah. I thought upsidedown Pippa had stolen it.

Today, I'm taking La Bandita to Bristol for a little Christmas shopping and a spot of lunch, looking forward to being out and about.

How are you two grumps today?

Still groovy non smokers?

Fully mojo'd up?

• Like 2

Morning Wendy! Morning Karen (well in a while anyway)

The sun has got his hat on here! Hurrah. I thought upsidedown Pippa had stolen it.

Today, I'm taking La Bandita to Bristol for a little Christmas shopping and a spot of lunch, looking forward to being out and about.

How are you two grumps today?

Still groovy non smokers?

Fully mojo'd up?

Hey guys - hope the mojo is fully functioning today ! Given it is night here - am happy to share some of my sunshine - particularly if it makes you feel better - just remember to return it in a few hours !! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

Hello ladies,... sorry I'm late getting here, 

and sorry you two are having a tough time of it, but hold on, it does get better..

I know....how about a lame joke I got out of Readers Digest?... 

"How many telemarketers does it take to skew in a lightbulb?

"One- but she has to do it while you're eating dinner"  :)

Let us know how you two are  feeling today,... and remember you're not alone, we are all here for you ... hugs and cookies to you both.

• Like 2

Good Afternoon, Wendy.  Cleaning is a great thing to do.

Wash away all your old crappy smoking thoughts.  

Scrub Scrub Scrub away any romance about smoking Death.

Scour out self doubt and ingratitude to Life

Rinse with clean clear Pure Water and look at all the Shine !  The Gleam !  The Freedom is dazzling !

Take some big deep breaths of Oxygen.  Be Proud of yourself.  Be very Proud.  You are Free for another day !

We all Cheer Wildly !

Yay Wendy.

• Like 1

Still here, still quit, still no mojo ... if anything today is actually worse ... I've kept myself busy all morning, cleaned the bathroom and I mean the whole room, tiles, walls, floor ... everything got a scrub - nearly broke my leg getting the shower curtain down to wash ... the air got a little blue ... also been watching MQ's documentaries in the QT blog - do you know the Allen Carr one isn't working - just says the video doesn't exist. Probably just as well cos I can't stand Damian O'Hara - is that his name? The bloke who took over from Allen?  Something about him really winds me up ...

Anyway thanks once again for all your comments.

Wendy have you read Allen carrs book....

maybe if your not listening to someone you don't like...

It might be worth a try....

Xxxx