DANGER zone

Evelyn

My ex-gf which I am a friend of now... comes to visit. She says she gonna quit smoking and if needed I'll feed her nicotine gum to prevent explosion; in other case she send me for cigarettes which I WILL NOT buy for her OR myself. She can buy them herself, cycling on my bike to the gas station.
But there's the danger zone, IF she is going to smoke bewteen tonite and tomorrow early afternoon: there's a HUGE temptation for me. 
I NOPE right now, and again I will not smoke. She can gas her lungs not me. 

But 'ow those "cozy times with a fag"....' 

• Like 1

Stop and think, Evelyn.

Protect your fabulous quit with your whole being. You DO NOT have to get ANYBODY smokes for ANY reason.

STOP the crazy talk.  STOP IT.

STOP.  THINK.  NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

• Like 4

Noooo, you protect this quit like one of your little piggy,s.....you guard it with your life....

Tell your friend ..it's a non smoking residence....

She has to but her own smokes....and smoke outside.......

Nope.....not one puff ever ....

I think you are a smart lady who knows this .xxxxx

Hugs honey.....xxx

• Like 2

Evelyn - you are accessing a possible situation before it happens.  Which is excellent, you are mentally prepping yourself.  Just think, you have 2 months under your belt!  That is something every smoker dreams of having.  You have earned your freedom.  No one 'gets to smoke,' they *have* to smoke.

But not you Evelyn, not you anymore.  You never gave up on yourself and you are succeeding.

• Like 2

There is nothing cosy about killing your self ev.....nothin....

No romancing.. There is nothing to romance....a stick of poision...wrapped in paper...

You have learned far to much now....and come so far.....tell the fags to do one...

Throw your friend a piece of gum if need be.....

• Like 2

Hi Action !  Action is right, natch !

I am excited about the Baptism too.  I wish I was there, I would take you to a fancy late lunch somewhere, with pastries !

Pigs RULE.  make sure you feed and nurture Evelyn as well as you do The Pigs.  

How are you feeling ?  Crisis averted ?   

My ex-gf which I am a friend of now... comes to visit. She says she gonna quit smoking and if needed I'll feed her nicotine gum to prevent explosion; in other case she send me for cigarettes which I WILL NOT buy for her OR myself. She can buy them herself, cycling on my bike to the gas station.

But there's the danger zone, IF she is going to smoke bewteen tonite and tomorrow early afternoon: there's a HUGE temptation for me. 

I NOPE right now, and again I will not smoke. She can gas her lungs not me. 

There were no "cozy time with a fag".  It was all an illusion created by withdrawal from nicotine.  Remember, as a smoker you're in a constant state of withdrawal.  Trust me, it's all a big illusion as there is nothing comforting or cozy about inhaling smoke filled with poison into your lungs.

Juts because your friend may smoke around you *might* trigger an urge, just expect that it will so you're not caught off guard.  Expect, Detect, Reject.

The Urge Hits

This video discusses options former smokers have when the urge for a cigarette hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIQ3hdT6zw

Other related resources:

Craves or thoughts that occur over time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z98...

Fixating on a cigarette

Video discusses how people often fixate on the desire to have "a good" cigarette.

http://youtu.be/OZLJ_nlkUCQ

• Like 1

Hold tight! Have her buy her own smokes, then take time to notice her go through her cycle of smoke crave smoke, never ending death trap. Notice the smell, notice how she doesn't really like doing it but rather stuck in the cycle. I survived a week with my sister in law smoking like crazy by really looking at what she was doing and seeing the truth.

• Like 1

Evelyn, check in every so often to keep your mind focused on your quit if you need to.  Please post in this thread as often as you need.  No matter what, don't take a puff!!  Come here instead.  Besides, you're so much stronger than you were a few months ago I think you may just find this situation easier than you think.  :)

• Like 1

If she must smoke, she can buy them herself and smoke outside not in front of you.she should also put the pack in her purse so you can't see them. This is what I ask of smoking friends who come to my house. I am not going to smoke but I don't need cigs in my face or in my house

• Like 1

Hi Evelyn- Sort of a follow-up on something MQ wrote about  us keeping our mind focused on

our own quit. Since I quit, I don't put myself in any precarious situations with people,

places or things. No lecture here, I am going through what people with 3-months go through and

people with 3-years could give us their everyday stories, too.

For me, I "try" to mind my own business and never look to make any alarming statements

against any other person still smoking. I smoked for so long and now I am so grateful to be

smoke free that I allow the other person their rights. It doesn't mean I have to sit in a

smoking-circle with people, but I understand why others still smoke and will not judge.

I enjoy reading your posts and I wish I could stay as current and open with things as you do.

I am learning more about that each day. Thanks for your support here on the Forum.

All My Best,  paul

• Like 1