Cranky quitter!!

Marti - you are doing great. I can only guess how painful it is to watch. Just keep helping and encouraging.

Each quit is different - and your Mums will be unique. You just have to keep on going, follow your instincts and stay strong.

Remember - a smoke free Aylesbury - one smoker at a time..

You Absolutely Rock by the way... :D

• Like 2

marti I completely understand we love them we want to help and protect them, if I did that for my mum she would have threw the book at me and made sure it landed, tell me to stick the forums and the laptop up my +++ and probably have more just to rub it in - as you can imagine I steer well clear, I had the bruises to prove I tried to convince her once

you are leading by example maybe one day she will come to you and then she will be ready its hard but its the truth 

you are doing your best hun xx

• Like 1

Oh Christa, I'm pushing harder because it was her that wanted this, and she can barely breath but you're right and I am trying so hard to be calm....

But Sharon, I wish I could take this one for the team, I would go through it again i it meant she didn't have to... cause wow, this breaks my heart far worse than me doing it, it's pretty harsh to watch it in action.  But I think we're ok, I did say earlier you haven't exploded yet right, it will get easier to say no. x

For me, the push I needed was a really bad case of bronchitis. I had such a hard time breathing....talked to babs, she gave me the web address for the quit site once again, and the rest is history.

Sometimes we stubborn old women need a good scare....image.png?base_img=2&size=0&date_yr=2013

• Like 1

Well I won't like that as I'm sorry you got the scare but yes, she had an illness which has flared up her copd, it was pneumonia and it frightened her. I just hope I'm telling the truth saying her breathing will be easier than it is now!

She doesn't "do" mornings lol. I stayed up till 1am with her last night so she wasn't alone and panicking. She's throwing z's to the wind for now and we're dragging her out to town today to do passport photo's for florida, so she can see another reason to give up.  It was very hard to watch her driving herself mad with pure panic. I didn't feel that on day 1. I think she believes each day will get easier, I tried to explain it's ups and downs but that none of them hurt you, whereas smoking does...so just ride them out. Once I'd calmed her with the reiki she did say the craves weren't what she expected and weren't as bad as she'd thought they'd be. So I guess that's positive? 

• Like 2

She doesn't "do" mornings lol. I stayed up till 1am with her last night so she wasn't alone and panicking. She's throwing z's to the wind for now and we're dragging her out to town today to do passport photo's for florida, so she can see another reason to give up.  It was very hard to watch her driving herself mad with pure panic. I didn't feel that on day 1. I think she believes each day will get easier, I tried to explain it's ups and downs but that none of them hurt you, whereas smoking does...so just ride them out. Once I'd calmed her with the reiki she did say the craves weren't what she expected and weren't as bad as she'd thought they'd be. So I guess that's positive? 

I guess that's positive?

I'm guessing she has smoked 40 years plus?

She was terrified - but is now expecting each day to get better?

Passport photos as part of a reward structure?

She is listening to you?

She says the craves are not as bad as she feared?

Hmmmm....not sure that s positive Marti.

That is straight up, on the level flipping FANTASTIC!

Through you she is beginning to understand a little, she is beginning to see - that a crave didn't kill her...

Huge Pats on the Back for both of you (and indeed for Hubby).

One day at a time is the only way - and if she is expecting things to get better - well, she is half way to making things better.

Made my morning Marti! Thanks

• Like 1

Good to read ya Marti....

She's got you....and you've got us....all bases covered.

By bedtime tonight she will have another day under her belt, hopefully she can think another day, and I was fine, nothing terrible actually happened to me.

Florida!....oh my life my favourite subject....start a thread in social if you fancy, would love a chit chat about there.

Hope the photographs went well, I had chaos doing mine, took 20 minutes, could NOT stop laughing...ended up with a real belly ache due to the hysteria. Hope yours went well ;)

Skipped the photo's as it's access day for my girls Dad andwe didn't want to rush, so we will go tomoz now. It's not been as bad. She's stuck to it and is surprised her breathing is already a little easier. Then she just had a huge coughing fit so that didn't help! She's ok today, better than yesterday when she looked like a dear in headlights! Day 2 in progress :) x

• Like 2

Skipped the photo's as it's access day for my girls Dad andwe didn't want to rush, so we will go tomoz now. It's not been as bad. She's stuck to it and is surprised her breathing is already a little easier. Then she just had a huge coughing fit so that didn't help! She's ok today, better than yesterday when she looked like a dear in headlights! Day 2 in progress :) x

Great to read this Marti....hopefully she will find tomorrow a tad easier...day by day. Nearly over today, soon be day three for her. Do you feel she's making this her sticky quit Marti?

oh I laughed at your treat day on the other thread...ouch...lol...have your eyes stopped streaming yet ;)