jess, Oldgardener

Sonic

bakon did this for me and dance , so I wanted to copy and paste what he said because now its about the two of you.

These two need to be our important project for next two weeks. We are a pretty experienced, educated group and need to focus on these two right now. Got lots going on to distract us with MQ hitting big day and the sticks current winning status. 

On to our new/old friends. Both have been around us before and have used boards so how are we to be different for them this time? Not so sure of answer, other than be there, a lot. I think even Humbled would have some things to say as one of the newer members. He has experienced the quit more recently and can still feel the work.

As for what I will say, treat yourself everyday first two weeks. GO buy a candy bar, or magazine with that smoke money. Treat yourself to a pair of shoes or something small as a gift for making it two days, or one week. Nobody else is going to treat you for this work. Sorry, but even spouses wont know how hard you are working in those first weeks. Reward yourself, small things daily, large one when you think you earned it. Day 5 or Day 7. Party or night out you succeeded at not smoking. One week and two for sure. Dinner out, new hat, whatever you want, but usually skip because it can wait for birthday or other special occasion. That day has arrived.

You are going to work though the urges, and they weaken everytime you beat one. Body will adjust to not having smoke, the urges will fight and bother you. FEEL THE HEAL. That pain is your body healing and the last throws of the nicotine trying to get you back. You get stronger everytime, and they get weaker. Feel the heal.

Quiting is hard work. Nobody ever died from quiting and there is millions of quiters. No way your weaker mentally than all those others, so you cant fail IF YOU REALLY WANT TO QUIT. "The WANT" got to be the biggest part. I wanted to quit, I quit. Everyone else here did the same thing. 

We are a group, you are our people now. 
  • Like 10

yep, and sonic is closest too you, lean on him for the most recent outlook and fight....he did rather well...seen his type before and like the bat and stu, plus action...they seem to make it well because of attitude....got to want to quit more than want to smoke....then we can help with anything else

dancer doesn't stop by much, but recent on the girls side is a few....

I strongly recommend the name change though....we don't want to call you old because most of us feel old getting out of this smoking thing. we just want to know you like a friend...and nobody calls a friend old anything.  soon your going to feel so much healthier and wont want that label....how about Gardener...or flaming redheaded dirt digger...

• Like 5

Sonic and all of you ,

I am deeply touched and humbled by the outpouring of support. You are all wonderful people and "pay it forward" attitude will continue with me also. I don't think I would have made it this far without finding QT and all of you! You are all such an inspiration......xx

• Like 8

So glad you have taken your seats.....it's all first class.....

It's a great journey,you might hit bumps,but we are here to help.....

Post often......join in the fun,the games.....you are more likely to succeed ,if you stay close....

I quit after 52 years.....and feel wonderful....,if I can ...you can......

Well done...

• Like 1

Nice one Sonic, check you out paying it forward already, I like it,

Jess you did it all yourself, 100% of the credit is on you, you were the strong one, you didn't smoke, you got through craves, you refused to buy cigs, you choose life and you my friend are kicking ass, you should be extremely proud of what you have done for yourself and your loved ones,

Respect x

• Like 4

NOPE.... Another day. Off to work and brought my tennis shoes so I can go walking...certainly don't want to gain weight as a non smoker and afraid if I start to I would be more likely to justify smoking again!. So here's to a new day! Hope you all are well :-)

• Like 8

Just in case of emergency,

pre-responding to your own SOS is really helpful.

First, you give yourself a good talking to and solidify your commitment to quitting

and

we learn what kind of 'talking to' you need !

Post a pre-response to your SOS

HERE

This is exhausting..went for a walk outside at work and was so tempted to stop by the smoking area ......kept walking but still thinking of the smoking area and the co workers I only saw out there....

Ok, take a deep breath. The cig that you think you want will be the one you regret. Chew a piece of gum, drink some ice water or call me an F ing idiot. Just don't SMOKE.

Do you want to go into the chat?

• Like 1

This is exhausting..went for a walk outside at work and was so tempted to stop by the smoking area ......kept walking but still thinking of the smoking area and the co workers I only saw out there....

Try and remember you are going into battle with your addicted part of your brain. If you just don't smoke today (don't think past that) you will win the battle step by step.

Distraction is great.

Moving is great

sips of water, sucking air through a straw, hard boiled sweets, saying Nope over in your head...

Any of that is better and you will be so happy to wake up tomoz on day 6 I promise you!

x

• Like 2

Just in case of emergency,

pre-responding to your own SOS is really helpful.

First, you give yourself a good talking to and solidify your commitment to quitting

and

we learn what kind of 'talking to' you need !

Post a pre-response to your SOS

HERE