A moment

Wendy

Hi Wendy honey,

Sorry you have had a bad day.....

When I got days like this I told myself....non smokers get crap days too....

Smoking used to be our crutch....it got us through our crisis......

It will get easier....our brains have to be retrained....

I spent heaps of my time...talking to myself....turning a negative into a positive.....

Look at what your achieving...it's amazin....

Keep winning those battles.....tell those cancer sticks to naff off....

• Like 3

Well done Wendy. 

I know exactly how you feel and what you went through. My son is in the spectrum as well and we have had our "moments" as well. 

There are going to be times that you are going to be tested and brought to the edge. You handled it beautifully, it isn't always going to be sunshine and lollipops, there are those dark moments too. Remember they are exactly that... moments. They pop in when you least expect them, but you do exactly what you did, you breathe. You stop, cry if you need to, and breathe because it passes. 

Again, well done. 

• Like 2

Wow, treacle well done my friend.... Treacle well done.

You've cracked the code - you don't need a cigarette to feel better, in fact it's the opposite - what you need is to breathe and think of rational thoughts :)

• Like 2

Good job, Wendy! That was perfect! Step away from the situation, breathe deeply for a few minutes, feel yourself calming down. Perfect! The one thing you forgot was to remind yourself of the 3 main reasons you quit smoking in the first place. That really strengthens your rational brain when you junkie brain thinks it has the upper hand.

Having been through this once you now know that you can do it again. This is a BIG victory for you. You are rockin' this quit!  

• Like 1

Aww Wendy, I'm sorry you had to go through that...and then I'm pleased. With every bit of treacling shiz we face we get stronger! It doesn't stop, that strength - it keeps growing. So we can cope with more and more and we are ok! Then we are stronger then we started this stupid treacling journey and it's amazing! I mean that, keep breathing, breathing sounds obvious but it really works!! 

So pleased youmoved through that in minutes. So sorry your boy had some trouble. My godson is on the spectrum and some of what he has to deal with hurts my heart, it can be hard. 

Pleased you are scoring victories!!

x

• Like 2

If you're only going to have one main reason, that's a good one! So the next time you're sorely tempted to smoke, say to yourself:

"I'm NOT going to smoke because I want to be strong and healthy and vigorous again. I want that more than I want to smoke."

Repeating that to yourself several times while you are deep breathing will REALLY help to control your cravings. You go, girl!  :)

• Like 1

these days are hard wendy I had plenty of treacle days and I am sure a few more are in store ;)

you are doing really great and believe it or not your quit just got stronger as you will remember today and get through the next treacle episode

hugs to you and your son xxx

Wendy well done, you got through the tough few moments and had a lightbulb PING great isn't it, these moments only last a short while in the grander scheme of life, and the good feelings that come after are brilliant, stress will push us to our boundaries and try our patience learning to deal with this without the nasty nicotine is simple, deep breath, take a moment, good thoughts, push away the crave, its allowing the crave to take a deeper root in our mind that is the problem, do not allow it any space, big hugs to you and your son, proud of you Wendy xx

Hi Wendy,

Not too sure how old your son is, but I am in the same boat you are.  I have a teenager son, due to the new DSMV change he is classifed as Autism Spectrum.  Before that, he was PDD-NOS, ADHD combined type, Processing disorder and general disdain for his mother.  I swear if I were married, he would not pull half of the intimidating bs he does, but such is my life.  Some days, want to pull out my hair, but still I don't smoke.  If I can do it, so can you!

((( Wendy ))) - no good advice to offer re the parenting - but just wanted to say - sounds like you did great and every time you get through these situations you get stronger - proud you are sailing on - you are doing great :-)