Tell us all...what are you spending all your non smoking money on.....

Doreensfree

We are rich.....we have more money now then we did ..as smokers...

Me....Its put away..to buy whatever we need.....

If things were different it would be ....Australia here we come....

So what have you spent your cash on.....

The lurkers might want to hear ,what could be theirs too....

• Like 2

well...we just celebrated our 30th (wedding) anniversary this week-end, and i got my wife a nice 3/4 carat diamond solitaire ring, and put the finishing touches on a cruise that we leave for in 3 weeks...(plane tickets bought, and a LOT of shopping for new clothes)

granted, I didnt save THAT much money by quitting smoking, but almost 11 months into it, I saved a good share of it.

I know with my quit, I feel more comfortable about spending money...and the good feeling i get is, that I spend the money on US...

when I was smoking, the money was wasted on ME!...

• Like 5

Great thread Doreen...!!

So, the money that I HAVEN'T spent on killing myself has gone towards (in no particular order):-

*decorating my house

*new garden

*gifts for my wife

*buying a nice piece of art

*a new jacket (yes bakon, the pimp jacket)

*new hoodie

*new xbox

*new (old) chair (this was my present to myself for reaching 1 year)

*new leather jacket (this was another present to myself for reaching 1 year)

*a meal out with Tasha at least once per week

*treating myself to little things a lot

*new wardrobe for Tasha

There are probably other things that I have forgotten, but life is so much more fun without cigarettes!  And I feel a lot less guilty when I buy things!

• Like 3

I have it all stashed and stashing more daily.

It is a ritual just like N O P E 

but, I did purchase an expensive set of  professional headphones, the kind drummers use for recording that cancel out all ambient noise.

On good recordings, The Fidelity is so luscious, so supremely crisp and clear as to be completely transporting.

It is a great relief to have a nice big stash, just in case...

and there are travels in the works.

• Like 2

What, pray tell, is this mythical entity called disposable income? Quitting smoking didn't make me healthy so much as stopping the damage, and not buying cigarettes hasn't brought on riches - it has only slowed being bled dry by the gov/corp vampires.

Am I living in a different country than the rest of you (canucks and brits please disregard)? Have I inadvertantly stumbled onto a forum populated by the elite rather than the 99.9% for whom picking pennies up off the floor enhances their economic position?

• Like 1

I spent loads on everything, or at least it feels like it :)  Having a brilliant time!

Disney trip now

theme parks

many ice creams for the kids

taking their mates out too

clothes

shoes

treats for me, mostly food

dinner out quite often

The thing that stuns me most is money can spend a week in my purse and I'm not always planning a shop visit!!

• Like 2

What, pray tell, is this mythical entity called disposable income? Quitting smoking didn't make me healthy so much as stopping the damage, and not buying cigarettes hasn't brought on riches - it has only slowed being bled dry by the gov/corp vampires.

Am I living in a different country than the rest of you (canucks and brits please disregard)? Have I inadvertantly stumbled onto a forum populated by the elite rather than the 99.9% for whom picking pennies up off the floor enhances their economic position?

You can't count other people's money 

• Like 2

Have you ever seen the "Debbie Downer" skit on Saturday Night Live?  If not.. you should check it out.

• Like 4