Ok shift over on the deck, make way for our hugglemonster Action :)

SueBeDoo

Congratulations, Action! Thank you so much for being such a great role model about how to manage a successful quit. Thank you also for showing us how to embrace and encourage others to keep their quits. Your kindness and support have been invaluable to me. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the view from the lido deck!

And just to help you remember how far you have come in one year, here's one of your earliest posts:

"Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Went to cinema and when I got to the car park I remembered that I ALWAYS have a cigarette walking from car park to cinema. Freaked out and brain stopped working. Drove into concrete pillar and snapped off wing mirror. Had argument with wife about it.

Really angry at myself and my mind keeps telling me a smoke will make everything better. Couldn't concentrate on the film because of it. Can't sleep because of it. It's been hours since. Not at SOS yet, but getting pretty damn close. Not at confident as I thought I was.

Sigh... Bad night."

Between you qutting smoking, Tasha's weight loss, your new and improved home and your recent clean bill of health, you two have really have engineered a brand new day for yourselves! Congratulations, Ross!

Thank you Chrys!! You really do being something different to the table, and I have liked you from the moment I cyber met you all those months ago :)

Your posts are thoughtful, insightful, and fun - always looking out for your posts ;)

And thank you for taking the time to find and post the reminder of where I came from - I remember writing that like it was yesterday... Everything was just so frustrating back then, but is so infinitely better now :)

(((Chrys)))

I am having Cognac

while I deal with my emotions

about the Lido Deck metaphor...

I feel like you have actually gone away somewhere...

sad%20pin%20up.jpg

but, that is silly !  Right ?

You are just going to play

with The Big Dogs, right ?

You won't be far.

Love, 

S

I am still here to play with you Sally :rolleyes:, and I will join you in the tardis in a few weeks ;)

Special lady :d

OMG Action! How does it feel being nicotine free for a year? I am so happy for you! I would give anything if we all could actually meet in person on that Lido deck some day. That would be so cool. Please save me a seat! If they are all gone, let me know so I can bring one! LOL! Congratulations to you Action! One year is here and it is REAL!  CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Dear sweet Yogi, how lovely it is to see your smiling face everyday :)

I agree that it would be wonderful for all of us to have a huge QT meet - maybe one day it will happen?!

And don't worry, I'm saving you a seat on the lido - no need to being your own :)

Were really doing it, aren't we?! (((Yogi)))

WOW Ross so so happy for you, you make our little corner of the internet a warm and cozy place to come just by being you, you are supportive and positive and I can't wait to join you up there save me a place because this time I will make it xx

Aww Jackie, thank you! You will make it this time for sure - I totally believe in you 100%!

You are a really lovely, down to earth person, and I'm so glad you are here with us, riding this train (((Jackie)))

No hugs from me but I will knit you a sweater made of kittens held together with hugs. While they are all pointed out, wearing it should be fine but don't get a huggy with people cause the nails are on the outside.

If you were from the big side I would think your light in the loafers with your comments. Definately not a USA dangler but you islanders and Europeans are more metro than us. The valore suit pressed, bet your pimping today. Rembrr to leave it on a little longer and those dr visits will be for her only.

Your a good influence on the board, your caring, have open feelings, say girlie things all the time and seems to be everything most men aren't. The pimp title fits well as most guys don have patience to go that route to get the pants off them. Good work on originality. Just remember which way to count in the sticks game and we will all support you no matter what sappy thing you say

Thanks Bakon, that could be the nicest thing anyone ever said to me :wub: :rolleyes:

I look at people like you with great admiration - all the hardships you have in your own life, and you still take the time to come here, checking on people, playing games, having a laugh... You are definitely a softie on the inside, no matter what you say to the contrary, lol...

And all this talk of pimping makes me wonder sometimes how you know so much about it... ;)

Thanks Bakon, for everything :)

• Like 1

Ross you are the absolute bestest!  Always supporting, always kind.  We are blessed to have you here with us and I am blessed to call you friend.  I am still amazed that a year has gone by already!   I am so proud of you!!!

GANGNAM STYLE video for you!

http://www.jibjab.com/view/kgfa8veDTgKvm7Vimksm6Q?utm_campaign=URL+Copy&utm_content=gangnam_style&utm_medium=Share&utm_source=JibJab&cmpid=jj_url

tumblr_kpfgn9ME7o1qzcamuo1_250.gif

Haha, thank you Jenny, brilliant!!

I just wanted to thank you for being there for me, and for being my friend... You are a special and loving soul and we are so lucky to have you looking out for us :wub:

And your jibjab videos.... Love them every time ;)

all right congrats ross wtg   1 year ago you took action and quit smoking  awesome

Thanks Jimmy! You are a true gentleman, and we are lucky that you have stayed with us, to help others in their own quits - this place would not be the same without you ;)

Nice job buddy! Congratulations!  Way to go! 1 year is awesome! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooo to you!

Your seat is front and center on the lido deck next to the bar!  B) 

DSCF0722.jpgNext time i go to the UK, we will be having a beer or two or three or four or five or six, get the picture!  ;) 

Thanks for all you do here, be proud of yourself buddy, truly a top notch guy. 

Thanks REZ, it's been quite the journey, hasn't if? You aren't far away from the lido yourself, and I hope that those drinks in the UK will be somewhere near my neck of the woods...!

You are a top bloke, and I'm happy that we have been on this journey together :)

I'm looking forward to your party soon ;)

Ross congratulations on 1 year, your journey has been exceptional and your support to others is outstanding, the reason you quit in the first place is so heart warming and I wish you all the very best and hope you get what you want and deserve, proud to call you my friend  :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6b7V09Bac

Aww thanks Trace :wub:

It's been quite the journey, and we've had some epic wine parties along the way!

I am so happy for you and REZ, like when 2 of your best buddies finally get together! You two make such a lovely couple and what a testament to how many doors open once you quit smoking :)

So happy for you, my friend - you are adorable ad so much fun, all the time ;)

Congratss!!!!!! :) way to go there was never any doubt in my mind that you would make it :)

Thank you for having so much faith in me Lisa :)

And thank you for being here for all of us - you have gone above and beyond :d

Congratulations my wonderful Pommy mate on reaching this fantastic milestone....I wish nothing but the absolute best for you in EVERYTHING.....Love Ya Ross....Hope your not too hung over from your celebrations...

Koala-australian-animals-33682516-960-60

Love Your Aussie Mates

Dors & Ralph :heart: :give_heart:

Aww, thank you Dors (and Ralph), that is so sweet of you. Love watching you on your journey, and thank you for your friendship :)

You will be here on the lido with me in no time, and I'll have a drink and a seat wait for you:) :wub:

A little late but I didn't forget! (We had Canadian Thanksgiving) Huge congratulations, so happy for you :)

Thanks Slovenka!

I am so happy and just want to show people how life changing it can be to quit smoking :)

You are doing great, and I love reading your pledge your nope every day ;)

• Like 1