All Clear for SOS Thread ?

sorry if this is a second post,

Do we have an 'all clear in SOS land' thread to stay current and alleviate worry.

I thought we did but, now think it is in my imagination.

Could we have one ?   Should we start one ?

Love,

S

• Like 2

i deleted the duplicate.  :)

I do remember once making an "all clear" thread in SOS but then it was brought to my attention that it could backfire...say for instance, someone posts in the all clear and there's an SOS going on...or that person in distress accidentally posts in the all clear and nobody responds...one thing I learned is if you click the icon to the left of the forum (no smoking sign on desktop and a blue cloud looking thing on mobile)  if you click that icon....it will fade and that means that nothing new has been posted since you last looked at it.  That works for all forums.

• Like 2

i deleted the duplicate.  :)

I do remember once making an "all clear" thread in SOS but then it was brought to my attention that it could backfire...say for instance, someone posts in the all clear and there's an SOS going on...or that person in distress accidentally posts in the all clear and nobody responds...one thing I learned is if you click the icon to the left of the forum (no smoking sign on desktop and a blue cloud looking thing on mobile)  if you click that icon....it will fade and that means that nothing new has been posted since you last looked at it.  That works for all forums.

Now I'm confused. I thought that if you click on the "no smoking" icon to the left of the forum title, that marks all messages in that forum as "read" and the icon fades out. The "no smoking" icon only becomes colorful again when there is a new post to that forum. So clicking on the icon does not tell you that there is nothing new. Clicking on the icon CLEARS the unread messages (i.e. marks them as having been read). 

sorry...that's what I meant but didn't explain as well as you did.  LOL.

clicking the icon will mark them as read...so the next time you log on or refresh your page...if the SOS thread is still faded..then you know that nobody posted anything new

• Like 1