I'm still doing it

dancer_I

I've just been busy packing.  I'm moving on Friday.  I'm nine days quit now.  It has been hard and easy. I planned this quit so I had 3 weeks off from work.  I know if I throw it in, I'd be a fool because I'd never get a break from work like this again.  I work with people who have mental health issues so I can't be off the beam myself without affecting my clients.  I really need to be away from that environment to focus on my quit.

I've had a good counsellor beside me.  We've talked about 3-4 times a week because mentally I just need that level of support because I really do find it hard to think through problems when I first quit.

I really love the new board and so grateful for the kind support here.

• Like 9

Sounds like you're doing great, Dancer! Yes, moving can be stressful. But on the other hand, you're bound to stay busy and that will really help your quit. I'm glad that you have a counselor to support you. You are really rockin' this quit!

Hey great work, especially with the stress of moving, just goes to prove it doesn't relieve stress :) 

Sensible to be off if your brain fog is that way inclined, forewarned is forearmed and all that and it's good you're using all your experience to get this quit nailed - good for you!! 

x

well done dancer, having a plan around your personal circumstances is a great idea always plan ahead as you have to go back to normality and routine afterwards

you are doing great keep posting and reaching out, you are not alone here x