Okay

Mike

Well, I need to try. I guess you're thinking, "Don't try, but do". Excuse me, it's my post.

Throughout my life, I have defiled myself through most ways known to man, by trying to eradicate or “live up to” the evil within. Contradictory, isn't it. Instead of facing and pushing against the foulness, I chose to run from it and by doing so, ran from life itself, however we know life to be. The spirit of God, Nature's adaptive process, Animal instinctual will to survive ... I have tried to extinguish, what is within. I have come to believe, that one can not do this. Life is inherent. It remains. It is not a choice.

I have hurt the ones closest to me. The little ones that accepted me as I was, and needed me to be there, when I wasn't. My grandfather and father, who knew only too well, what I was trying to do. Here I am still. Instead, I have ruined whom, I should have fought to preserve.

So, what remains?

I “need to try”, to elicit the immortal within us. To turn and stand firm, to face the beast. I “need to try” to harness the forces I have pushed against.

I haven't quit. I have begun. “I will do”. If only, through small leaps of faith.

• Like 4

The Chief!  I'm so happy to see you!

Smoking is such a drag. :)  All we can do is decide to not smoke everyday.  Some days are harder than others, right.???  But what is most important is to never give giving up.  

I have thought about starting again.  Maybe it is problems in my marriage or because I am not the perfect parent or I'm gaining a few pounds.  Ultimately, the thing that stops me from smoking again is that it just makes every thing worse.  It's just not a solution to anything.  I sincerely hope that I hold on to that one thought.  And that you do too. :)

I know you have had bad times...

Stopping smoking in the one thing that you can do for self...and make you feel proud.....

I know you can do it.....you helped me to do it....

Sooo give me and all the good folks here a chance to help you..to make this your sticky....

Doreen xx

Mike, i have to tell you, if it were not for the numbers game at thr other place, i don't think I would have known what to do with myself in the beginning. So, because you started the game, I was able to mindlessly advance day after day, month after month, in between posting cats and reading and chatting.

So let's go.

• Like 1