October is Breast Cancer Awareness!

Hi folks!

Hey... this month is breast cancer awareness month... Girls AND GUYS.... make sure you check them ta ta's... PLEASE!!!!!! Please also girls make sure you get your annual mammogram, it could save your life!! My dear mother is a strong 3 time survivor with a double mastectomy.... and my sister in law{ who i adore} is a stage 3 breast cancer survivor...and many many friends who have gone thru the treatments as well... I too had a Biopsy in April which thankfully was benign.... :) Cancer affects most all of us in some form,whether we know someone or we have dealt with it personally.....

So hey.... please remember to wear pink at some point this month... bringing more awareness and support of the cause will help in some day finding a cure for this aweful disease... Warriors...... thats what we are!!!

• Like 15

Yep, it is a Man thing too.

Even concerning Men without Man Boobs.

My good friend, James  just beat the Big C, with Breast Cancer.

Yay James !

Thank James for getting checked and catching it early.   :wub: 

• Like 2

Yep, it is a Man thing too.

Even concerning Men without Man Boobs.

My good friend, James  just beat the Big C, with Breast Cancer.

Yay James !

Thank James for getting checked and catching it early.   :wub: 

So happy your friend was able to beat it!

Now I know this may sound like a silly question... but what's the earliest you should go for a mammogram? When did you guys get first checked? The idea of a mammo terrifies me! Don't they squish your boob?

I had my first one in my early 40's

it was not a big deal AT ALL.

slightly uncomfortable but over in a nano second.

it does not hurt and the operators are usually very kind

look here about self exam and when you should mammogram (ask your quack)

• Like 2

262787_10152409754037671_691696102287966

Thanks for sharing Tracey.

I'm a hypochondriac, so I'm freaking out at the moment. I have breast pain a lot, but I think that's from my Costochondritis. Now I'm worried though and might get it checked. No pain in armpit. 

I'm a hypochondriac, so I'm freaking out at the moment. I have breast pain a lot, but I think that's from my Costochondritis. Now I'm worried though and might get it checked. No pain in armpit. 

Don´t freak out but get checked. You don´t lose anything and it´s quite important  :) 

• Like 3

Wife halfway through radiation today. Going good. Hands are stiff from chemo medicines taken 8 weeks ago. New chemo is only every three weeks and supposed to have no side effects. Hair growing back- tennis ball now.

• Like 9

Wife halfway through radiation today. Going good. Hands are stiff from chemo medicines taken 8 weeks ago. New chemo is only every three weeks and supposed to have no side effects. Hair growing back- tennis ball now.

So thankful all is going well.   I know your lovely wife will feel more normal as her hair grows in.....please let her know she is still in our thoughts and prayers.  I hope looking forward to seeing Mickey is making her days brighter!

• Like 3

Bakon, I'm sorry to hear that your wife has cancer. My brother had cancer and I was his primary care giver, so I know how stressful it is! But it sounds like she is responding to the treatment and being able to gradually get back on an even keel. I will include the both of you in my prayers. 

• Like 3

Thank you Bakon....

Hugs and kisses to mrs Bakon.....good news.....xxxx

• Like 3

Fantastic news! Hugs to Mrs. Bakon. 

• Like 2

I think about you two all the time. I can't even imagine what you're going through. I'm glad she's responding well to treatment though!

• Like 1

breast pain can come as part of the monthly cycle or even an ill fitting bra but if you are unsure or worried then get it checked out I always say its better to be safe then sorry and I listen to my body if I think "well that just doesn`t seem right` I get it checked out, before I got ill with cancer there were lots of signs that just wasnt right and i ignored them, I wont make that mistake again, you know your own body leanna do what feels right xx

• Like 3

I didn´t know Mrs. Bakon was going through this. She´s in my prayers now. 

• Like 2