You Will Forget You Smoked - It Gets Better

Markus

This is so true Markus. I often forget I was a smoker. When I'm out and about, I don't even acknowledge smokers unless I get a waft of their toxic smoke in my face, or if they're blocking an entrance. It's just no longer a part of my life, and I like it that way.

Everything I used to do, I associated it with something. Going to a restaurant... where's the nearest smoking spot? Taking the bus... can I smoke on the platform? Money... do I have enough to buy cigarettes AND food? Yeesh. I wasted valuable time worrying about where/how/when I was going to get my fix.

Thankfully that's no longer a worry for me!

• Like 8

Even a month ago, I would have read this post, and replied something like, "yes"...but not believed it. Smoking was not on my mind every second, but it was certainly there every day.

Now, almost imperceptibly, time has crept on. No longer do I have my first coffee of the day and remember that I used to smoke. No longer does every meal trigger the thought of a cigarette.

The memories are still fresh for me, but they are definitely memories. And they are not constant.

So now Markus, I reply "yes"...and I believe you...

I look forward to being where you are...Great Post. Thanks.

• Like 7

Yes, and so it will turn for you Soozie. Give yourself the gifts of time and patience.

Celebrate what you have and pay it forward. Help a newbie. These will all reinforce your quit and

it will become very clear the evil that cigarettes really are. They kill. They maim and they destroy life

and the living.

No more.

anyone ever tell you how awesome you are ?

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

This is a bit confusing for me, as the past

is a mix of smoking then years of not smoking,

then smoking. I can remember periods of

very heavy smoking like the year after my

mother died, and I was quite young, and

smoking made it impossible to run and

that was scary. But as far as individual

cigarettes...no, don't remember them

So if the final quit is about the faces of

of any and all cigarettes fading away...

I'm in 100%.

• Like 1