Relaspers & smokers, this is why you need to be here.

MarylandQuitter

If you're smoking because you've not yet attempted to commit to quitting or have relapsed, you need to be here.  It may feel uncomfortable for any number of reasons but this may very well be what saves your life.  If you're comfortable smoking and continue to rationalize using nicotine, how is this benefiting you?  It's certainly not going to save your life, I can guarantee you that.

At this very moment in time, you're exactly where you need to be which is reading this thread.  From this thread you will read other threads, watch videos, learn from other members, share your thoughts and start a new beginning by committing to quitting smoking.  Not after the holidays, not after the stress is gone, but now.

If you really want to quit smoking you need to be around others who are able to help you and know the pitfalls and traps of rationalization, junkie thinking and the truth about smoking before it kills you.  Sometimes the message isn't what you want to hear but it's these messages that speak the truth that will save your life.  This isn't Facebook or Myspace as we have a clear mission which is to help you quit smoking and stay quit.  Sure, we have fun and talk about all sorts of things that are not smoking related.  All you have to do is take a look in our Non-Smoking Lounge and see the camaraderie that we share.  But make no mistake about it, we are here to help you quit smoking.  Quitting and staying quit comes first in our lives and on this board. 

Learning about nicotine addiction is the key to your success and a finding a support group that is there to support you, not pamper you, is where you need to be.  We will help you quit and stay quit as a group. 

We stand united to help you fight for your freedom...and life.

From Joel:

2 Goals

1.  First and foremost, to give people the core information they need to quit smoking for the rest of their lives.

2.  For people who don't get off for the rest of their lives, is to screw up their smoking for the rest of their lives.  He wants you to see smoking for what it is and all the medical and social implications that come along with it.  He wants you to understand that you're fighting for you lives.

We share the same philosophy as Joel and most if not all of us have benefited greatly from his articles and videos.  Look, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not educating yourself about smoking and accepting it for what it is.  It kills you and robs you of your freedom.  It enslaves you to a life of that wretched smell of smoke, forces you to constantly leave conversations to step outside to smoke, ruins your teeth, robs your organs of oxygen, destroys your lungs, heart and arteries and will eventually take your life and leave your family to grieve your early death.  This doesn't need to be you.

Please take a few moments to watch this video as it helps further explain why you need to be here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJv9NSjJkcw&app=desktop

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

I sure learned from 'my relapses' in fact slipping is a wrong name as you choose to smoke... even when I find it hard I post an SOS and write down I choose NOT TO SMOKE:

It's all about that: your choice

• Like 1