One week

slovenka177

I just passed my one week mark, and I am feeling wonderful. Each day I feel stronger than the day before. There have been struggles but none of my previous quits feels like this one. My determination and perseverance is too strong to break. I do have to admit, and also thank the people who helped me see what I was doing wrong with previous attempts. Being honest with myself - was my number one struggle. After mulling over where I was going south, it finally dawned on me that I had a choice - a choice to pollute my lungs or to not. My lies and junkie thinking is too weak to fulfil its evil doing, and I will never let it have the upper hand. I still have a long road ahead of me, but with confidence and NOPE everyday, I know I will get passed it.

So thank you everyone, I did not quite see where my struggle was. And I may have taken some feedback the wrong way. But in the long run it was the best thing for me. I truly appreciate, everyone here who's given me the push I need. Sticking close to the board and educating myself has been a blessing. 

Just one question.... Did anyone's sleep get effected in the first week of quitting? I am just finding, I am tired but once I hit the bed, I can't turn off my brain and I almost get anxiety. Very odd... Never felt this before. 

In Health,

S

• Like 6

Congratulations on getting through the first week Slovenka. That is truly the roughest week to get through and it will get better and better for you from now on. 

Yes, I know that my sleep was affected for the first week or two. I know that others here also had issues with sleep too. You do go back to normal though everybody is different on when. I think mine was after two weeks. 

Again, congratulations! I am proud of you! 

• Like 1

Congratulations on the first week - really excited about this!!

I will add you to the calendar ;)

About the sleep - yep, my sleeps was crazy for a few weeks at the beginning - I can't remember at waft point it got better, but we are talking weeks, rather than months. And now? My sleep is the best it's ever been - I sleep like a baby and wake up feeling refreshed every morning... If someone had told me quitting smoking would do this, I would have not believed it!

• Like 1

Huge congrats....your doing great....

Sounds like you have your thoughts in a good place.....so well done....

Sleep does seem to get disturbed at the beginning....our bodies have a lot of healing to do.....sometimes we can forget ,and just think because we have quit...that's it....but our bodies have took a hammering ,sometimes for a long time.....

Be patient ....all will come good .....

I lost sleep for weeks....but spent the time awake on the board.....looking at the fun stuff.....

Soon enough you will be sleeping soundly......

• Like 1

Hey Sugar !

In 'Celebrations'

We started a celebration thread for you...which you may have found had you been getting enough sleep . :)

It will get better.  

Try to breathe intently, purposefully even if you can't sleep.  That will, at least,  put you in a restful state.

Here is the start of your celebrations

http://www.quittrain.com/topic/2774-slovenka177-has-1-week/

• Like 1

Sleep yeah, apparently it's for wimps the first 1 or 2 weeks quit :(  Maybe try a herbal tea before bed, chamomile or peppermint are good for calming before sleep.

There's a celebration thread for your one week in the celebrations section. You've done so so well to change your mindset so quickly and pwerfully. It's great to see because now you can do this. Yes, there is sometimes a battle of the mind but with the certainty of Nope for today, you can push through them. 

So happy for you S, real inspiration to read and you never know who's now reading what you have written. I bet it would inspire someone else!!

x

• Like 1