A sense of smell

Wendy

Sorry that maybe allergies are kicking in. BUT what you said about smelling OMG you'll be sooooooooooooo amazed over what you've been missing. Don't be surprise if you end up changing perfume cause of it, plus you won't be spraying so much on you as before trying to cover that nasty @ss cig smell. This is just the tip of the iceburg of good things to come cause you cut the cord of your addiction. :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 2

Ah Wendy, that's not fair :(   It's going to be so lovely to get it back again though.

Angel is a nice perfume too, good treat choice :) I foud out my perfume was potent about 3 weeks after quitting, did my usual 5 spritz (3 neck, 1 each wrist) and nearly knocked myself out haha. Remember to spritz less too :)

• Like 2

I just cracked up, yep some people have got serious hygiene issues for sure!! 

It's the weird things tho isn't it. I got an apple and pear washing up liquid that my eldest and I keep sniffing like total wronguns lol, it smells lovely.

By the way, I use a lot of home made remedies and stuff and this one is great to add to regular cold medicine to speed things along. Just let it cool and it keeps in a jar in the fridge for 3 months. I take a swig 3 times a day, or sometimes add to a regular cup of honey and lemon, 1 slosh should do it. Probably should get some reasonable measurements if I'm going to suggest to others lol. You can normally buy frozen elderberries from the supermarket.

1/2 cup dried elderberries

3 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
3 cloves

All in a pot, bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 mins. Strain, as it's cooling add some honey.

That was one of the best things about quitting smoking-- my sense of smell came back big time AND it happened quickly, like within 3 or 4 days. So even though I was going through the throes of withdrawal, I was encouraged to keep my quit because of that immediate physical improvement. 

My new and improved sense of smell also kept me busy for 2 weeks. I suddenly could smell the stale cigarette smoke in my house and went on a rampage scrubbing every single surface to get rid of the smell. The cleaning frenzy was a great distraction from the withdrawal symptoms.  :)

Even today, I notice and (usually) appreciate my improved sense of smell. Just this morning, my husband was eating yogurt for breakfast while we watched the morning news and I could smell it all the way across the room. Did you know that yogurt tastes better than it smells?  Or maybe I was just feeling cranky this morning.   :P

Anyway, I'm sorry that you have developed a cold. Rats!! But hang in there. You have a lifetime of improved smell and taste to look forward to. 

• Like 1

Oh the smells you will smell.....

Fresh mown lawns never smelled so good before. And driving past the bakery that's just 4 blocks from my house is downright dangerous for me :)

Now that my nose is working so much better, my dogs need groomed more often. They aren't so happy  :unsure:

• Like 2

Aww sorry you not too well.....hope your soon back to your old self.....

I smoked all my adult life....a long time......

I am amazed at what I have been missing.....it like my nose has suddenly come alive ....

I smell everything.....food mmmm......boy have I missed lovely aromas.....

I too can now smell smoke a mile off ....yuk.....

• Like 1

Oh I remember the smells from the last quit ... I started carrying a mini lynx spray in my pocket and was spritzing everywhere - especially round the supermarket.  Seriously some people need to get acquainted with soap and water, never mind the stinky smokers ... urgghhhh ...

I generally didn't bother with perfume - couldn't see the point as I was walking round in a cloud of smoke but on the last quit I got some samples from The Fragrance Shop and was amazed I could still smell it at the end of the day.

Roflmao! I about died because you sound like me! 

shower_zpsc2c5fbba.gif

• Like 2

I used to buy so many candles and get frustrated that all of them really had no smell. Now I can enjoy them. In fact, let me light a few right now, i still don't like looking at a lighter in my house but it is necessary.,

I replaced lighters with the ones that you would use to light a grill. I hated seeing the other ones around.