🤯

MLMR

Im not even sure where to begin. But please, help 😭.

The fact that there were a bunch of men that once figured out how to make quitting smokers feel EXACTLY like this in order to make them relaps… is what pushes me throught right now.

I need to make it through this day, step by step. Dont lose connection.

3 hours ago, MLMR said:

Im not even sure where to begin. But please, help 😭.

The fact that there were a bunch of men that once figured out how to make quitting smokers feel EXACTLY like this in order to make them relaps… is what pushes me throught right now.

I need to make it through this day, step by step. Don't lose connection.

Hello @MLMR... the fact that you came here for help says a lot about your commitment to keep your quit. You have the right idea. Take it one step at a time.  You are here because your desire to keep your quit is stronger than your temporary cravng to smoke. Let us know how you are doing buddy. Keep your quit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi @MLMR. I am so sorry that you are struggling. We get it. It sucks.

Keep in mind that withdrawal exaggerates a lot of things… it distorts your experience of misery… makes it seem like everything is awful and you will never be whole or content without smoking. That’s the addiction having a tantrum. It’s not an accurate view of the world or your destiny. It’s FEAR - false evidence appearing real. 

Please do not give in to the despair. You do not need smoking to complete you. In fact, smoking will make the wretched feelings worse. The agony of withdrawal passes if you can endure it for long enough. It does not last forever, I promise. Good things await you on the other side if you can make it through the first wacko phase of quitting. 

Keep writing out your feelings here. Interacting on this forum can keep you grounded and enforce the assurance that you aren’t alone. Get mad, shout, cuss, cry, whatever… just keep smoking off the table! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, DenaliBlues said:

Hi @MLMR. I am so sorry that you are struggling. We get it. It sucks.

Keep in mind that withdrawal exaggerates a lot of things… it distorts your experience of misery… makes it seem like everything is awful and you will never be whole or content without smoking. That’s the addiction having a tantrum. It’s not an accurate view of the world or your destiny. It’s FEAR - false evidence appearing real. 

Please do not give in to the despair. You do not need smoking to complete you. In fact, smoking will make the wretched feelings worse. The agony of withdrawal passes if you can endure it for long enough. It does not last forever, I promise. Good things await you on the other side if you can make it through the first wacko phase of quitting. 

Keep writing out your feelings here. Interacting on this forum can keep you grounded and enforce the assurance that you aren’t alone. Get mad, shout, cuss, cry, whatever… just keep smoking off the table! 

@DenaliBlues... thank you for reminding us that withdrawl exagerates and distorts any suffering we are experiencing.... @MLMR.. this is good advice. Please let us know how you are doing and hang close  to Quittrain. Hope you feel better soon. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi @MLMR We all know how much it sucks when those horrible cravings sneak up on us!  I have had many days like that early in my quit.  It's great that you came on here because we can help you.  You need to distract yourself with anything other than smoking.  Read a book, go for a walk, drink a big glass of water, go for a car ride, anything that will get your mind away from the cigs!  One day at a time, one hour at a time or even one minute at a time!  You can do this, you really can!!  The urges don't last forever, I can promise you that, and the longer you stay quit the less frequent they become!  Hang in there and come on here and vent to us whenever you want.  That's what this board is all about!!! 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, MLMR said:

I made it through the day. Thanks for your great advice and wisdom. I’m still a bit battered - but thats ok. Thanks again, glad I asked. I’ll be happy when this day is over 🙏

Hey @MLMR.... ask yourself emotionally, what do you need right now? Find a way seek some comfort and attend to what is bothering you... or find something that can make you feel a bit better in the moment... we know that smoking never really made anything feel better!!! Smoking only ever made us want to smoke more.. You are doing awesome @MLMR One Day at a Time!! 

You've got this.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Paul723 said:

Have you read your excellent intro thread lately?

Not yet, Paul! Too embarassed for messing up, I think. After all the effort many people put in that thread… mmm.

You are right though. Thanks for reminding me. Tons of good advice and spirit in there!

• Like 3