I hope this gets easier.

Jules

Thank you Nancy and I'm going to make time to create a proper profile. After one SOS message I'm overwhelmed by the support I've received. Everyone has been so nice and offered amazing advice and I definitely feel much better today! BUT, I know this is going to be an ongoing battle and I will need support for a long time to come. Thank you to everyone who took the time to message me, it means a lot. x

Nice ticker ;)

I agree about people seeking support long term - I think that building a strong foundation for your quit, and participating in a community of ex-smokers like this one, go hand-in-hand.  I have seen statistics somewhere that people who participate for at least 1 year, have a far greater chance of staying quit for good.  Plus, you will probably meet some great friends along the way :)

• Like 3

Hi jules.....

I found staying close to the board,joining in the fun,supporting others,really helped my own quit.....

We will help you fight your battles.....

I smoked 52 years.....mine was one hell of a war......but im winning......

So will you......like me......one day at a time.......

• Like 4

Hello and welcome Jules. That is a beautiful 20 day quit that you have going there. Please believe when you read us saying that it will get easier because it does. The first  month it is day to day. 

My favorite way to describe the first month is "today wasn't as bad as yesterday" it soon becomes "this week isn't as bad as last week" and so on. Please stay close to the board and post often. We are here to help you! 

• Like 2

Hey Welcome aboard and congrats you are doing amazingly well - this is the place to turn to even if you think about having one drag etc... I hop on the site at work for a few minutes instead of taking a smoke break like I used to -  it's more fun and certainly much healthier. Keep it going!! Well done so far!

• Like 2

Hey Jules, have you joined the pledge post where we post NOPE, or pre responded to your SOS? Or come chat nonsense in the social threads, have youa plan for the zombie apocolypse or not??  Which will only make sense when you get there lol. Hope today is a better day. x