Not even a week from Hell could make me smoke...

Colleen

I just want to say, I have had the week from hell and it doesn't look good for next week either.  Once or twice, I considered smoking.  Yep, I did.  Did I smoke?  NOPE.  As soon as I had the thought, I pushed it away.  I wanted to crawl into a hole and I did shed a lot of tears, but I didn't smoke and that is all that matters.  You, I and everyone can handle all that life throws us without smoking.  If I can do it, you can too.  I like to think that quitting makes us face our problems head on, instead of smoking and avoiding them.  If you get to a point where you are stressed beyond belief and think a cigarette will help you through it...tell yourself smoking causes more stress.  Even if you are in a difficult situation, it will pass a whole lot quicker than going through withdrawal all over again.  

• Like 19

Not sure what is going on with you and sorry about the terrible week. Today I was driving home from work and the lady in the car in front of my was smoking. I thought about having a smoke , and tbat she gets to smoke, why not me, yadda yadda yadda. But I thougt really, what would smoking add. Would I feel better? No. Would it help to solve my problem? No. Would it help me? No. So what does it add? Nothing except misery. So, logically, no need to smoke.

• Like 6

I just want to say, I have had the week from hell and it doesn't look good for next week either.  Once or twice, I considered smoking.  Yep, I did.  Did I smoke?  NOPE.  As soon as I had the thought, I pushed it away.  I wanted to crawl into a hole and I did shed a lot of tears, but I didn't smoke and that is all that matters.  You, I and everyone can handle all that life throws us without smoking.  If I can do it, you can too.  I like to think that quitting makes us face our problems head on, instead of smoking and avoiding them.  If you get to a point where you are stressed beyond belief and think a cigarette will help you through it...tell yourself smoking causes more stress.  Even if you are in a difficult situation, it will pass a whole lot quicker than going through withdrawal all over again.  

You are my quit hero!!  I know you will not smoke, but sorry you are having weeks from hell...

• Like 1

You are my quit hero!!  I know you will not smoke, but sorry you are having weeks from hell...

Aww Nancy, no idea what makes me anyone's quit hero..Sweet of you to say, though.  Glad to have friends to keep my quit with, for sure :)

• Like 3

I'd rather be stressed than feel the regret of giving up my quit, which makes me feel more stressed out! Smoking does nothing. Never has, never will. It isn't some magical cure-all.

Colleen, you are amazing. I'm sorry you're having such a difficult week, but thank you for sharing. I hope things are better soon!

• Like 3