I relapsed and didnt even know it...

slovenka177

Marti thank you for the heart felt response. Although, my post may have not been clear as I'd liked it to be,... You have definitely offered me a hand through my monitor (sort of speak). 

I've actually printed your response and I am keeping it in my purse. 

Today I begin my new life as a non smoker. I have been preparing myself for this day my entire smoking life. Sick of the excuses, sick of the lies, and ready to earn my self worth back. 

I think as many of you mentioned, sticking close to the boards and learning as much as possible will help with my journey of healing. I am prepared for the not so easy days and relapse IS NOT AN OPTION, and HONESTY is the best policy (one thing I definitely did not have in previous practise quits). I am an addict who deserves a better quality of life - as we all do.

Thank you thank you thank you - this was not easy to post, but all replies have already made today much easier. ♥♥♥ 

S

• Like 4

Oh, good for you. Slovenka! Welcome to Quit Train and welcome to the new, healthier, non-smoking you!

The first thing that I think you should do-- and do this today-- is to think carefully and WRITE DOWN at least 3 good reasons why you want to quit smoking. Make the reasons be important and personal to you rather than generic reasons. So, for example, rather than say, "I want to quit smoking for my health." say instead, "I want to quit smoking so that I will not end up in a wheel chair with an oxygen tube in my nose by the time I am 60 years old." Make the mental pictures clear, vivid and personal to you. 

Other than that, I suggest that you do what the others here have suggested. Read the links and watch the videos that people recommended-- educating yourself about the nature of a nicotine addiction and how to overcome it is crucial. This self-education will be an ongoing process so that your quit gets stronger and stronger over time. But start now so that you can be as happy and secure in your quit as possible. 

Again, thank you for respecting yourself enough to take this seriously and to make a real commitment to quitting. You CAN do it! We will help! Congratulations, Slovenka!

• Like 2

Well done.....take your seat.....strap in.....your in for the ride of your life......

Last stop freedom......

Read all you can,understand this terrible addiction.....why it has us hooked......it gives you the tools to fight with.....

Come here as often as you can.....pledge......post ,......your post help other folk too.....

You can do it......we all know you can.....

• Like 1

Good work, like the nike slogan... just do it!! Jumping is the worst bit, that's done. Now we manage it and you post if you feel happy, sad, whatever. Until you're sick to the back teeth of us :)

By the way, some responses won't resonate with you, some can be taken one of two ways...that's ok, not everyone works the same way, but no one here wants anything for you other than freedom!! 

So the pinned threads at the top of sections are great places to start. whyquit.com is as crucial to my quit, have a nose at it. Spend some time in the social section here, sometimes you just don't want to think cigs or rather no cigs but you do still crave distraction and that's just the place.

x

• Like 2

Really well done to you for getting stuck in again, that alone is a fantastic achievement, why don't you start the daily Nope threads this week to keep you motivated, please promise us you will post an sos next time instead of smoking.

You will not regret this decision to change your life for the absolute better, well done for choosing life over cigarettes because you are worth soo much more, we are all here to help you anytime or anything you need just shout xxx

• Like 2