Great aunt

Nicole Diver

My great aunt died in her late 50's I think. She was in a nursing home for several years before that.

I remember the adults talking that the doctors said she would be ok if she quit smoking, but in serious trouble if she didn't.

She would sit in the smoking section of the home, and then go back to her room and lay on the bed. Day in and day out. She seemed to me quite like someone who'd given up long before.

So I'm almost 39 now. Not that friggin far from 50, which is around the time her health really went south I think.

Like in one way or another, pretty much everyone in my fam has died from smokes, booze, or pills.

Why in the heck I would have ever started smoking is beyond me.

Rest her soul, I do not want to end up like that. It is just not worth it.

• Like 11

(((Ava))) thank you for sharing, my mum keeps reminding me of my Aunt Freda, heavy woodbine smoker who died from lung cancer, and pleads with me to please not end up like Aunt Freda , such a horrible painful way to go, after my recent relapse, I have promised my mum faithfully I will not go back to smoking, because I want to keep on living  xxx (miss you Aunt Fredaxxx)

• Like 6

Sorry for your loss Ava.

My dad died a few months ago. I only told a couple of you here. It's seemed more of a private matter to me at the time. He died of congestive heart failure probably caused from smoking. Maybe I was just trying to hide from my own future mortality.

No matter what my future holds, I'm still glad I quit smoking.  :)

• Like 7

Sorry for your loss Ava.

My dad died a few months ago. I only told a couple of you here. It's seemed more of a private matter to me at the time. He died of congestive heart failure probably caused from smoking. Maybe I was just trying to hide from my own future mortality.

Aww sorry about your dad Wiley. ((((hugs )))))
  • Like 1

Sorry for your loss Ava.

Sorry for your loss, Wiley.

• Like 1

You were the smart one Ava, you quit before it was too late, I'm certain your Aunt is beaming with pride xxx

Wiley I'm sooo very sorry to hear about your dad, hope you and yours are coping as best as you can xxx

My great aunt died in her late 50's I think. She was in a nursing home for several years before that.

I remember the adults talking that the doctors said she would be ok if she quit smoking, but in serious trouble if she didn't.

She would sit in the smoking section of the home, and then go back to her room and lay on the bed. Day in and day out. She seemed to me quite like someone who'd given up long before.

So I'm almost 39 now. Not that friggin far from 50, which is around the time her health really went south I think.

Like in one way or another, pretty much everyone in my fam has died from smokes, booze, or pills.

Why in the heck I would have ever started smoking is beyond me.

Rest her soul, I do not want to end up like that. It is just not worth it.

Sorry for your loss Ava.

Ava and Wiley, so sorry for both of your losses.  I'm sure your loved ones are so proud...

• Like 1