No reason to smoke

SanDar

Nope, this is not an SOS.
Just some crazy thoughts going on.
Revelation: Being pissed off, frustrated and tired is no reason to smoke. It never helped when I was a smoker and it for sure would not help now.
I did have to stop a few minutes, think things through and come to this board to read though. That is what helped.
Most of you  probably don't know that my husband and I are raising our 3 yr old grandson.
He’s the absolute apple of my eye!  It’s certainly nothing we planned to do at this time of our lives, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Of course, most of the day to day work involved in raising a child falls upon me, while papa gets to bask in the glory of playing ball etc. I love that he does this.
But I’d also like some help with the yard work and outdoors work. I can’t possibly do it all.
Of course, when he needs to be reminded to help me out, I’m nagging.
Well I was called out on the “nagging” today and it pi**ed me off!
I mean it really got to me. I said to myself, screw this, I’m just going to smoke.
WTH? Where did that come from? I don’t want to smoke, and will NEVER smoke.
It’s just scared me that this even came out of my mouth!  (No one heard it but me).
I’m rambling, but it helped.
And going to the curse thread was a good way to vent :lol:

• Like 8

You want NAGGING ???

Wait until you hear me get MY nag on,

I will nag those smokey thoughts right out of your head !

Just like You did for yourself,   SanDar.

Great job...NOPE NOPE NOPE.

:) 

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

• Like 2

You want NAGGING ???

Wait until you hear me get MY nag on,

I will nag those smokey thoughts right out of your head !

Just like You did for yourself,   SanDar.

Great job...NOPE NOPE NOPE.

:) 

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

aaaaccccckkkk....enough with the nagging already. lol

No more nagging smoking thoughts here.

Thanks Sally :)

• Like 1

Way to go, Sandar! I know what you mean when you say that you were shocked and surprised that you almost reflexively thought of smoking when you were upset. Yes, those old thought patterns are deeply ingrained, aren't they??!! But you handled it perfectly. Having the thought is NOT the same as doing the deed! Good for you! 

It's wonderful that you and  your husband are there for your grandson. I know that's not how you expected your life to be at this point, but thank God you are there to rescue this precious child. Let the damn grass get overgrown, who cares? You and your husband spend your time in happy pursuits with your grandson. And cheer up--when he is old enough, he can mow the lawn.  :)

• Like 2

Way to go, Sandar! I know what you mean when you say that you were shocked and surprised that you almost reflexively thought of smoking when you were upset. Yes, those old thought patterns are deeply ingrained, aren't they??!! But you handled it perfectly. Having the thought is NOT the same as doing the deed! Good for you! 

It's wonderful that you and  your husband are there for your grandson. I know that's not how you expected your life to be at this point, but thank God you are there to rescue this precious child. Let the damn grass get overgrown, who cares? You and your husband spend your time in happy pursuits with your grandson. And cheer up--when he is old enough, he can mow the lawn.  :)

Chrys, thank you! You always know what to say. And i really had to chuckle at the thought of my 3 yr old grandson mowing :)

Hey Sandy, I hadn't realised that you were raising your grandbaby - that must be wonderful! (Most of the time, lol)

I'm sorry that you had a hard time today... But I know that you won't smoke - it must have just been an automatic thing that you said, even if you didn't mean it!

I'm just going to give you a great big hug, because I think you are awesome, and amazing - (((Sandy)))

• Like 2

Awww don't get me going about naggin.....

Only I have to do it to myself.....L.ol......

I literally do everything here.....I mean everything......

This is where my I pod full blast comes in.....

It's great to get it out.....well done.....

He has a wonderful nana.....

• Like 1

Hey Sandy, I hadn't realised that you were raising your grandbaby - that must be wonderful! (Most of the time, lol)

I'm sorry that you had a hard time today... But I know that you won't smoke - it must have just been an automatic thing that you said, even if you didn't mean it!

I'm just going to give you a great big hug, because I think you are awesome, and amazing - (((Sandy)))

Thanks Action! You've made this old nag feel so much better :)

Awww don't get me going about naggin.....

Only I have to do it to myself.....L.ol......

I literally do everything here.....I mean everything......

This is where my I pod full blast comes in.....

It's great to get it out.....well done.....

He has a wonderful nana.....

Thanks!

You are a hoot Doreen! I'm so glad i've got to meet all of you folks :)

• Like 1

Wow fair play to you for minding your grandson, do you mean he lives with you 24/7 or do you mind him when his parents are at work?

Well done you on getting over another crave, that's another tick off the done and got through list,

Good on you hun, delighted for you, you are doing fab, oh and nag away you are entitled to it ;)

• Like 2

Wow fair play to you for minding your grandson, do you mean he lives with you 24/7 or do you mind him when his parents are at work?

Well done you on getting over another crave, that's another tick off the done and got through list,

Good on you hun, delighted for you, you are doing fab, oh and nag away you are entitled to it ;)

Thanks Sue,

Yes, we have our grandson 24/7.

I'm still pi**y that I got called out for nagging. My thought is if you don't want "nagged" about something -get 'er done  :wacko:

• Like 4

Yes what Beacon said, leave baby with grandad and go treat yourself and don't feel guilty you totes deserve it,

Gosh you are some woman, soo fantastic of you to do something so selflish, you are an amazing woman,

Give grandad a kick up the arse and tell him to get his finger out and help do things right and then you won't have to nag, my hubby can be as bad it's like having a 4th child sometimes xxx

• Like 3

Wow, you are sucha beautiful person to take that on. I don't doubt for one moment it wasn't in the life plan but giving a child the best start is so worthwhile. Increible kudos to you.

The chores can wait, shhhh but sometimes I leave toothpaste on the sink for like 4 days...wash it for the weekend...got babies to play with :) All too soon they are at school all day and no need to nag as you have nothing but time. 

Go treat yourself too, us mama's and grnadmama's need to feel good and then we can better look after everyone else. 

Swear thread, big win!!  Ignoring ignorant people with dumb opinions, also a big win!

I think you are double fabulous now and who cares about the smoking thought reflex, just a knee jerk reaction, only a worry if you snuggle up with those thoughts and give them time! Last week I looked for my cigs before leaving the house for a second, thought whoa, where did that come from - decided to laugh and brush it off. Thoughts are not instructions to us, don't let it worry you, it happens and we can just move straight past it. xx

• Like 2

sandy what you are doing for your grandson is awesome such an unselfish act and sometimes its nice to get help and be appreciated 

I agree with what the others say let the dam grass grow and go have some fun

give hubby something to nag about 

oops no dinner on the table - shame!

oops no clean clothes - shame!

oops house a mess - shame!

treat yourself to something nice now and again kiddo, you deserve it :)

• Like 2

Wow, you are sucha beautiful person to take that on. I don't doubt for one moment it wasn't in the life plan but giving a child the best start is so worthwhile. Increible kudos to you.

The chores can wait, shhhh but sometimes I leave toothpaste on the sink for like 4 days...wash it for the weekend...got babies to play with :) All too soon they are at school all day and no need to nag as you have nothing but time. 

Go treat yourself too, us mama's and grnadmama's need to feel good and then we can better look after everyone else. 

Swear thread, big win!!  Ignoring ignorant people with dumb opinions, also a big win!

I think you are double fabulous now and who cares about the smoking thought reflex, just a knee jerk reaction, only a worry if you snuggle up with those thoughts and give them time! Last week I looked for my cigs before leaving the house for a second, thought whoa, where did that come from - decided to laugh and brush it off. Thoughts are not instructions to us, don't let it worry you, it happens and we can just move straight past it. xx

awww..thanks Marti :)  And the smoking thought was just that - a thought. I do NOT give it any of my precious time :)

• Like 1

sandy what you are doing for your grandson is awesome such an unselfish act and sometimes its nice to get help and be appreciated 

I agree with what the others say let the dam grass grow and go have some fun

give hubby something to nag about 

oops no dinner on the table - shame!

oops no clean clothes - shame!

oops house a mess - shame!

treat yourself to something nice now and again kiddo, you deserve it :)

Oh Tracey can you imagine? What, no dinner, no clean clothes and the house a mess?  Hubby would think I'd parted with all my senses. 

Maybe send me off for a little "mental" relaxation. hmmmm that's one way to get a break, lol   :blink:

• Like 3