Avocados

Colleen

I love avocados and often eat them with a spoon and some French dressing. I put them on tacos, of course, and make a salad with diced avocados, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella dressed with basil, garlic and rice vinegar. Just recently, I discovered a recipe for a shrimp and avocado salad that I like a lot. You can find it here http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/MainDish/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=8088&mealGroupId=1000 

• Like 1

I love them with prawns and cocktail sauce mmmmmmmmmmmm

also in a smoothie it makes them nice and creamy

chopped up in a salad with chopped fresh tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil and herbs mmmmmmmmm nice side salad to meat or fish

• Like 1

Awesome with prawn cocktails!

Brilliant in salads.

Can't see myself eating one alone tho?  Or seasoning it?

Think this maybe a continent thing.  Prezzo resturant does a tricolour salad, it's mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, avocado and rocket...it's lush with black pepper and a bit of balsamic vinegar!  

Something for Ava & Action

unless, of course, you don't want COOKIES. :) 

cc%2520cookie.jpg   Avocado Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

1 Hass avocado

1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature

1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats

1 3/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directi0ns:

Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl. Add the butter and brown sugar. Cream together until fluffy.

Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Mix well until well combined.

Add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Mix slowly then add the chocolate chips and oats. Be careful not to overmix here. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for one hour.

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. After the dough has chilled, scoop out spoonfuls of dough on the baking sheet and press down gently with your hand to flatten. Bake for 18 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining dough.

Time:

• Like 5

Made my morning protein shake with half of a small haas avocado this morning because of this thread. it did make it thick!

2c unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 avocado, 1 scoop unflavored whey protein isolate; raspberries, ice, shot of raspberry sugarfree syrup.

Yumm

Avocado Dip/Sauce with Basil

1 avocado

1/4 cup mayo

1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt

1 tbls pesto

salt & pepper to taste

In a mixing bowl add the meat of half of the avocado, mayo, sour cream & pesto. mix until creamy smooth.

Cut up the second half of the avacado into small pcs and fold into the creamy mix.

salt and pepper to taste.

I like to have some chunks in my sauce,.. you can make it as chunky or as smooth as you prefer. As I type this I am eating this sauce/dip on cucumber slices for lunch.. The other week I had some chicken breast sauteed with mushrooms onions and sun dried tomatoes and spooned this over top of it.  Cook off some  shrimp and chill them, chop up into peices and add this sauce (onions optional) with a bit of lime to make a really good shrimp salad.  Add a little oil and vinegar  and mix up a good salad dressing. The possibilities are limitless.

• Like 2