I want to quit but.....

bakon

don't want to change my drinking habits-   not possible first few weeks if not months

don't want to struggle-  then put it in your head quiting is not a struggle. Make it fun. Enjoy "the pain" Feel the Heal.

have a party coming up-  perfect place to go smelling clean and telling everyone you quit.

Give me an reason/excuse for your failure and we will tell you the fix.

Post your own reason you waited and what you would say to yourself now

I want to quit but....

my cat food bill will go up because I can afford more cats.....start bringing home dogs, the cats will leave. 

• Like 9

I want to quit but...what on earth will I do with the $260 a month savings?  Not to mention the $50.00 a month savings on life insurance?  And what in God's name will I do with all the time on my hands?  Won't I miss the stench, the dry skin and people avoiding me?  How about that hacking cough that wakes me up at night?  How about if I just drag this out until it is too late?

• Like 7

I want to quit but all of my friends smoke. Who will I hang out with or have coffee with?

BS!!!

My friends are envious that I am smoke-free! Some are even contemplating quitting themselves.

I can still have coffee with smoking friends. Just don't blow that stench in my face  <_<

Oh, and the coffee tastes fabulous now that I can REALLY taste it  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

I want to quit but...what on earth will I do with the $260 a month savings?  Not to mention the $50.00 a month savings on life insurance?  And what in God's name will I do with all the time on my hands?  Won't I miss the stench, the dry skin and people avoiding me?  How about that hacking cough that wakes me up at night?  How about if I just drag this out until it is too

Like new arrivals at a nude beach, new quitters dont know what to do with their hands ;)

• Like 6

I want to quit but my life is so stressful right now - life is always going to be a little stressful!

I want to quit but I cant drink and not smoke - umm yes you can and the hangovers are so much easier!

Im going on holiday/vacation I will never be able to lie on the beach without smoking - umm yes you can and will enjoy it more!

Im fit and healthy I will quit when I have to or I feel ill - umm too late by then!

just a few of my excuses I used 

• Like 4

....I might fail.

...i enjoy it.

...we all have to die sometime.

• Yes. I might fail. So worst case - I am back where I started.
  • Enjoy what? The bad smell? the bad taste? the expense? the certain death? the ill health? - or the illusion that relieving withdrawal pangs is a genuine pleasure?
  • Yes. I will die. I fully intend to die having wrenched every last bit of fun from every last second of life...none of it on an oxygen machine.
  • Like 4