How's The Weather Where You Are?

Reciprocity

1 hour ago, Reciprocity said:

I've actually been through there several times travelling down to New Brunswick to visit my parents in years gone by. I believe it's at the top of Lake Champlain, if I'm not mistaken 🤔

Champ ... Lake Champlain Monster - lol

Champ.jpg.1d6cd8def5af3b4ca0613777c5769f69.jpg

LOL!  I have been on a boat on Lake Champlain last year when we were in Burlington, VT.  Very nice lake and city.  They told us all about Champ! 😁

Just now, QuittingGirl said:

LOL!  I have been on a boat on Lake Champlain last year when we were in Burlington, VT.  Very nice lake and city.  They told us all about Champ! 😁

It started getting hot and humid again here as well but I think by the end of the week it's supposed to cool down.  Summer  is really trying to hang on.

• Like 3

Drying out in central North Carolina (Raleigh area) as Potential Tropical Cyclone 8 made landfall on the coast of the Carolinas.  The storm did not fully reach the criteria of being classsified as a named Tropical Storm but people at the beaches reported record rainfall totals and some said the flooding was worse than recent Hurricane Florence a few years ago.

Lots of rain and some flooding in my area but it was bad about 2 hours away at the beaches. 

Some photos here

https://www.wral.com/photos-life-threatening-flooding-at-nc-coast-from-potential-tropical-cyclone-8/21627776/

Edited by johnny5
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Drying out in central North Carolina (Raleigh area) as Potential Tropical Cyclone 8 made landfall on the coast of the Carolinas.  The storm did not fully reach the criteria of being classsified as a named Tropical Storm but people at the beaches reported record rainfall totals and some said the flooding was worse than recent Hurricane Florence a few years ago.

Lots of rain and some flooding in my area but it was bad about 2 hours away at the beaches. 

Some photos here

https://www.wral.com/photos-life-threatening-flooding-at-nc-coast-from-potential-tropical-cyclone-8/21627776/

WOW! That's some bad-ass flooding @johnny5 😱

Was wondering who puts all those sand bags along the shoreline that were in some photos? Is that up to the homeowners to buy and place them or is it some sort of Emergency Agency that would do that when a bad storm is expected?

So sad to see water up so far along the wall of a house in one picture. You just know it's gonna be hugely expensive and take months if not a year or more to get it done cuz all the trades will be overloaded for a long time! And once that water gets up to the level of the engine of your car ... it's toast

Between flooding and wildfire events these past few years, the insurance industry is buckling and beginning to  just plain not offer certain coverages any longer - sad 😟

27 minutes ago, Genecanuck said:

It looks like its going to be another beautiful day in Ottawa today :)

image.png.61699eb8b723297d6d6eb53bfaedebbd.png

Thought it would have been warmer up there in our nation's capitol, with all that hot air coming from the Federal Legislature 😆

• Haha 2

It's going up to 85 today in the Big Apple!  I am not very happy about that.  They are saying that starting on Sunday it's supposed to cool down into the lower 70s with low humidity.  Not sure I believe them.  Lately the weather people are also like politicians, a bunch of hot air....LOL!!!🤣

Edited by QuittingGirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genecanuck said:

Its cloudy and overcast  in Ottawa today.

image.png.ddb7e6a43a7e717feeda424b3d7950c2.png

Been dreary and cooler here to these past few days. You can tell the season is changing and summer's now firmly in the rear view mirror! Almost time for a cup of hot soup or hot chocolate?

Will soon be a great time to take a drive and watch nature getting ready for it's winter sleep.

Fall.jpg.dfe8bc02fa801fd80160e06308608250.jpg

• Like 3

On the very edge of the future path of Hurricane Helene....actally, Raleigh isn't even in the cone path.  But there are already tornado warnings out about half an hour from my house.  Helene looks like a beast.  I hope the folks in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and western North Carolina get through this as ok as posssible.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2024 at 12:39 PM, QuittingGirl said:

We are having the same weather down here as well.  Cloudy and chilly in the 60s.  Is that scene near where you live @Reciprocity ?  It's just beautiful!  That is the foliage I want to see.

That's a couple of hour's drive north of here in what;s referred to here as "cottage country". When I used to ride motorcycles, a bunch of us would go for a ride up in that region even fall whenever we got a really bice, warm day. So beautiful 😍 and on a bike, you seem even more connected to the surroundings.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bakon said:

I am blue dot. 

IMG_1993.png

Stay safe Bakon! It's better that you're inland and not near the "Big Bend"! That area and the whole Gulf coast is gonna take a beating! Then, Ga. & Carolinas are gonna get hammered with rain and potential torandos 😟

Terrible stuff!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Reciprocity said:

That's a couple of hour's drive north of here in what;s referred to here as "cottage country". When I used to ride motorcycles, a bunch of us would go for a ride up in that region even fall whenever we got a really bice, warm day. So beautiful 😍 and on a bike, you seem even more connected to the surroundings.

I rode a motorcycle once.  When I was in my 20s I worked with a guy who owned one.  We worked down in the Wall St. section of Manhattan and he used to drive one to work.  One day on our lunch hour he took me for a ride.  I think I only went on it because I knew that he couldn't ride faster than 1 mph on the narrow streets of lower Manhattan.....LOL!!🤣

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, johnny5 said:

On the very edge of the future path of Hurricane Helene....actally, Raleigh isn't even in the cone path.  But there are already tornado warnings out about half an hour from my house.  Helene looks like a beast.  I hope the folks in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee, and western North Carolina get through this as ok as posssible.

@johnny5...  I have a friend that lives in Alabama. I hope and pray that Helene blows over and does not cause too much havoc and distruction. Be safe. Gene

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was a perfect fall day yesterday with lots of sunshine & just a nice warm day without being too hot. Same for a good oart of the day today but then the clouds move in as the very outer edges of Helene start moving into the area.

• Like 3