How's The Weather Where You Are?

Reciprocity

Today's weather is why I love summer 😍

26C here in Niagara Region today. Little humidity, almost no breeze and full sun all day long. You just can't beat that in my books!

The next 3 days are supposed to be an exact copy of today. I smell a BBQ comin' on this weekend👍

(Beach at the end of the street)

StKittsBeach.jpg.29c464b790be7440718653df31002474.jpg

• Like 6

We're having that kind of weather too except our nearest beach is about 30 miles away. We had a bit of a heatwave come through but it cooled down today.

Have a great weekend :)

• Like 4

Meanwhile, Downunder were getting an Arctic blast and experiencing English summer weather it's currently 7°C... got down to 4 overnight... it's been a cold, dry winter down the bottom of Aus. @Cbdave is further up north than me so he's probably had higher temps. We are expecting snow in the Dandenongs this weekend, that's the outer suburbs of Melbourne.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

It was really nice today in NYC, low humidity as well.  I didn't have to put my AC on until later on in the day.  Normally it runs all day and night in the summer.  My favorite season is the Fall....not too hot, not too cold! 

image.thumb.png.802ba0f69648b20fde987d988720ccef.png

• Like 5

Gday

Middle of winter here.

Last night got a couple mm of rain so the low was 12C with the cloud cover.

This arvo that cloud should blow away and give us a sunny 23C.

That subtropic Brisbane for you.

woops forgot water temp 21C 

Edited by Cbdave
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cbdave said:

Gday

Middle of winter here.

Last night got a couple mm of rain so the low was 12C with the cloud cover.

This arvo that cloud should blow away and give us a sunny 23C.

That subtropic Brisbane for you.

woops forgot water temp 21C 

You may be heartened to know that 12C with cloud cover is what the Brits are now calling summer, with the exception that they also have rain, rain & more rain 😧

I'm sure @Doreensfree will chime in on that?

Here today another day of pure sunshine, 29C and reasonable humidity with no wind. Supposed to be another one tomorrow! (love it 😍).

GardenJuly24.jpg.891e3790e0c8150e35d27e9840224323.jpg

The additional bonus is that the roadside fruit/vegetable stands are now in full opperation. Bought some fresh picked corn, peaches, new potatoes & yellow plums and yellow beans today over in Niagara On The Lake. Talk about farm-to-table, this is exactly what it is for the next 6 weeks or so. Picked early morning, bought around noon and on the table by dinner time. You don't get much fresher than that!

The vineyards are looking very full of new growth and a deep green as well. This year's grape crops are growing there on the vines as I write this. They'll be harvested in autumn months of Sept./Oct.

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 7

Posted (edited)

Backyard gardens are the wife's domain so all the credit goes to her.

The lawns are my job :) And yes; ultra fresh fruits & vegies

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Backyard gardens are the wife's domain so all the credit goes to her.

The lawns are my job :) And yes; ultra fresh fruits & vegies

She does a beautiful job! Your lawn looks great as well. 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Lovely garden piggy …

I don’t wish to brag , we did manage to eat outdoors yesterday … 

It was a nice refreshing change …🐸

I saw that on my weather app. Warmth has finally returned to Great Britan :) Hopefull it stays around 🙏

• Thanks 1

We're supposed to be getting some off & on T-Storms tonight and into the early part of tomorrow. I hope they come at night. I love having them wake me up so I can just lay there watching the flashes of lightning and hear the rumbles of thunder. The cat doesn't much like them though ... 🐈

We'll see if they materialize 🤷‍♂️

Other than that, it's been a grey, gloomy day here. Overcast with some light rain (which we needed very much) and it's spetacularly humid today! 

• Like 2

Light rain here in the Raleigh, NC area as we are on the outskirts of Tropical Storm Debby.  Not expected to be a strong storm wind-wise but is expected to be a huge rainmaker with a lot of flooding..  Lots of flooding already in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.

https://www.wral.com/story/Hurricane-Debby-NC/21557747/

Edited by johnny5
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)

I've been watching this storm as it moved into Fla. and the Ga. You're right ... a real rainmaker this one is. It always shocks me how these storms can continue to make so much rain for suc a long period of time once they make landfall.

Batten down the hatches @johnny5, looks like N. Car. is gonna see this one Thursday. Stay safe and hope for the best rain wise 🙏

Based on the early view I'm seeing around Raleigh mid-day Thursday, the really nasty stuff is southwest of you but still close. Of course that could change by then. Hoping for the best outcome for you! That nasty stuff in the screenshot (purple area) is calling for a dumping of 34.6 mm of rain over a 3 hour period - that's a lot of rain ☔

Screenshot2024-08-06174049.png.ec34353b4494f24c516b6d8acb2bd144.png

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We actually had an F1 Tornado touch down in our area Tuesday, Aug 5th.  Lots of damage and no power.  We have been living off a generator that you have to fill with gas every three hours.  We are all sleeping downstairs with a little battery operated fan.  More and more we are thinking about getting a whole house generator.  The weather has been so crazy anymore.  It seems impossible to live without our computers and tv.  

• Sad 3

Wow @Mee, I can't believe it's taking so long to restore your power! Thank goodness you're all safe! I HATE tornados and don't miss that part of living in the south at all....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yup! These weather "anomalies" are more and more becoming the norm😧 

The remnants of The storm that hit Florida last weekend dumped a couple hundred mm's (8") of rain on Montreal yesterday in a few hours. It just missed us to the east by a sliver; thank goodness 🙏

Parking lot in a Montreal suburb; last night 😲

Montreal.png.ff2e408109abe2e717fd7cd02f55b678.png

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Sad 2