Quitting Tomorrow

Hi I am not sure how things work here. Brief story I am a nicotine addict, started smoking at age 16. Smoked for a few years then quickly transitioned to smokeless tobacco, because being an athlete the smoking was affecting my breathing. I know still stupid I continued doing that for about 20 years then switched to snus to zyns to NRT back to zyns occasional cigars on weekends. Never ending cycle looking to put nicotine to bed forever. What does this forum do, do we make a promise not use nicotine for 24 hours under the daily pledge. Anyways wish me luck 

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @Sportsfan66. Nicotine is indeed a very potent addiction. But you CAN overcome it! This forum helps by providing info and creating a supportive community… for positive moral support and also accountability. We’ve all been thru the withdrawal, and it can be hard. But it gets better if you give it long enough. Keep us posted on your journey and join us in the daily NOPE pledge. See you around!

• Like 6

Welcome aboard @Sportsfan66, our forum members have all been where you were and we can give you the support and encouragement you need to get your forever quit. 

We have a ton of information about our addiction as well as a video forum if that's more your thing.

The Daily NOPE is the promise you make yourself that just for that day you won't use nicotine.  I did it the whole first year of my quit. 

So look around, stick close. We find that members who check in daily have a much better success rate thus our One Year Commitment thread pinned to the top of main forum ☺ 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, DenaliBlues said:

Welcome aboard @Sportsfan66. Nicotine is indeed a very potent addiction. But you CAN overcome it! This forum helps by providing info and creating a supportive community… for positive moral support and also accountability. We’ve all been thru the withdrawal, and it can be hard. But it gets better if you give it long enough. Keep us posted on your journey and join us in the daily NOPE pledge. See you around!

Thank you it’s very hard. I believe your not quit until you have totally abstained from using nicotine in all forms. All that other crap just feeds your addiction in different ways.

• Like 6

Welcome @Sportsfan66  You are doing a great thing in getting nicotine out of your life once and for all.

There are a lot of threads about nicotine addiction in the Quit Smoking Station section of this site.  Doing the daily NOPE pledge does help too.

Quitting nicotine is definitely doable and gets far easier with time.   

• Like 5

It can be tough, but you can be tougher. Don`t be too hard on yourself. Most of us have tried and failed along the way, Keeping positive is important. Stay close and reach out if you need help. It is hard but you have it in you. You just have to want to find it. best wishes.

• Like 5

You can do whatever you like, in terms of quitting or not quitting. That's the thing ... YOU are in control and only YOU!

Just know that the truth is you'll be much better off in life without nicotine indulgence being a factor in everything you do day to day.

Make that commitment to Take Back Your Life & kick nicotine to the curb once & for all.  

It's never easy but it's always well worth the effort!

• Like 5

Hello and welcome to the Train ,

We can and help you all the way to freedom 

You have to want it bad enough ,most of us  who have reached their goal was ready to say enough is enough .

There is a great sense of pride when you free yourself of the slavery to cigarettes.

Read all the post pinned with green on the 

Main Discussion Board , it’s a great place to start 

Understand this addiction , it will give you the tools to fight with 

Our daily pledge is one of those great tools 

You can do it 🐸

• Like 4

I don’t know what sports you are involved in @Sportsfan66, but it doesn’t really matter. You have an opponent. Even if it’s your own stats you’re going against. You prepare. Get your mind in the game. Consider all information available on opponent.  Develop strategies. Provide for upsets. Implement the plan. Step out onto the playing field and do battle. Every. Day. It’s what recovering addicts do. You have a whole team here for support. Experience? We’ve all been through it. Suffering defeat and sometimes, I swear with nicotine(?), suffering victories. But total victory can be had. Reach out and talk our ears off. It helps. It helps you, us(your team), and others who come to scout out our forum. Something you experience can be the assist someone else was  needing. Welcome aboard and I hope to see you around. 

• Like 4

Sportsfan66,  I tried every possible way to quit and failed.  This place helped me finally find freedom.  Stick around, read the info and blogs and play some games.  There is a group of wonderful people from around the world that are dedicated to helping you quit.  You can do this!

• Like 6